Packerraymond 2023 Mock Offseason V1

Packerraymond

I’m surprised after all the Rodgers BS in the last couple years that Y’all are revolting so much around this. Seems pretty realistic to me. 

The FO this past year has crapped the bed in the sense of being “all in” and I’m not necessarily saying I agree with what most think that means - but as time progresses it’s feeling harder and harder to think the management of this team has the ability to truly innovate and evolve. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Could very well be addition by subtraction.  

Just guessing here, but there may be a lot of younger guys that don't particularly care for AR's "leadership".

Guessing a lot of the old vets are loyal to him, though.  But this mock got rid of Bakh and he'd be the closest one, since Cobb's deal is up and Lewis calls it a career.

These are my favorite takes. The gut feelings . What a horrific future we have 

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

That dead money comes if we exercise options to prolong him playing. 

If he were to retire this season we have two options, his dead cap is 39m and we could eat it all up front, or designate him for a June 1st retirement and carry 15m on the 2023 cap and 24m on the 2024 cap. Will probably all depend on what Jenkins, Lazard and Gary want for $$$ as I imagine that's the only guys they'll be determined to bring back (Gary has a 5th year option but they could lower his cost with an extension like Jaire).

I cant see him leaving that much money on the table. How would it affect our dead money situation if we were to trade him?

Rodgers is a complicated fella.

He could retire.  He could stay.  He's got millions and millions (Rock voice) to stay.

And I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about that right now.  Because no WR help is coming from free agency.  We see how rookie WR's look in year one.  So really, if he wants weaponz, it needs to be an off-season trade.   

Throwing out names without any real knowledge if they will be available.  Robinson (Rams.  If they get OBJ again, maybe they move him.)  Cooks. (Texans.  Seems like we tried for him.)  DJ Moore (Panthers.  Not sure whey they'd do that deal in the off-season if they didn't do it now.)

I could get excited about a WR corp of Cooks, Ju-Ju, Doubs, Watson, rookie, someone else.  

Also...I like Lazard, but I'm not going over 8M/year/average for him.  And...Ju-Ju isn't great, but he is big, physical and can produce on underneath stuff.  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, HighCalebR said:

Bad.

If you subscribe to ken ingalls, it will fold the green bay packers franchise. 

isn't that why we gave him a new contract so that he could be traded, retire, or get cut next season? 

i don't think we trade A. Jones though because he's going to the focal/center point of the offense if/when Rodgers leaves.