Inconsistent Offense

Gridirongreat#9

I've been saying this for the past 3 years or so but KS's offense just seems congested and stagnant. There doesn't seem to be an outside the numbers threat to open up the field. Is it because Jimmy cant make the throws outside or do we just not have someone who can work outside the hash? Running between the tackles and then throwing in the box leads to no spacing. They aren't stretching defensive zones. Warner has a good breakdown of this point. When this offense was really cooking, Mike Shanahan used every inch of the field to stress defenses. I just dont see that here. 

Edited by Gridirongreat#9
edit of link

I believe it is the limitations of the QB. Lack of awareness, for one. Too narrowly focused. Jimmy goes to a predetermined target a lot. He is so reluctant to make throws that stretch the boundary. 

I was hoping to have Lance all this season because Aiyuk would have been much better with Trey than Jimmy, simply due to his better arm and ability to keep the play alive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I believe it is the limitations of the QB. Lack of awareness, for one. Too narrowly focused. Jimmy goes to a predetermined target a lot. He is so reluctant to make throws that stretch the boundary. 

I was hoping to have Lance all this season because Aiyuk would have been much better with Trey than Jimmy, simply due to his better arm and ability to keep the play alive.

Rarely do you see a ball thrown near the boundary in a one-on-one situation. In order to get those bodies out of the box, we definitely need an outside presence. You would think with all the players in the box, they would be able to take advantage of single coverage. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Rarely do you see a ball thrown near the boundary in a one-on-one situation. In order to get those bodies out of the box, we definitely need an outside presence. You would think with all the players in the box, they would be able to take advantage of single coverage. 

To take advantage of that, you will need the QB to actually throw to the sidelines first lol. 

• Like 4