The Other Games Thread Week 9

Iron_man

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

1st the Pats have no clue when it comes to WRs

I'm working off the assumption that BB will go scorched earth on the offensive coaching staff this offseason. It feels like this team is trending towards a 2006 like epiphany for BB .. the defense is going to carry him and the offense is going to look so pathetic that it will force him to make massive changes this offseason. As much as he likes Judge/Patricia.. he's going to have no choice but to hire a real OC. Who that will be.. I've got no idea.. O'Brien is going to get a HC job in college.. maybe someone like Zac Robinson from the Rams? Joe Brady with the Bills? Who knows.. if Patricia is the OC next season I will cry

Matt Groh has a profile of player.. he's been pretty upfront about it which will make draft season pretty fun. "We're always looking to add tough players and speed" .. the other thing he's mentioned is intelligence. 

Look for the fastest, toughest player who is smart and a captain on his team and that player will be a Patriot. 

On 11/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, Crimmage said:

I'm working off the assumption that BB will go scorched earth on the offensive coaching staff this offseason. It feels like this team is trending towards a 2006 like epiphany for BB .. the defense is going to carry him and the offense is going to look so pathetic that it will force him to make massive changes this offseason. As much as he likes Judge/Patricia.. he's going to have no choice but to hire a real OC. Who that will be.. I've got no idea.. O'Brien is going to get a HC job in college.. maybe someone like Zac Robinson from the Rams? Joe Brady with the Bills? Who knows.. if Patricia is the OC next season I will cry

Matt Groh has a profile of player.. he's been pretty upfront about it which will make draft season pretty fun. "We're always looking to add tough players and speed" .. the other thing he's mentioned is intelligence. 

Look for the fastest, toughest player who is smart and a captain on his team and that player will be a Patriot. 

The profile is fine however it still a head scratcher taking Strange in the 1st Round. IMO that was a big mistake. He is not a 1st RD talent.  I have real concern based on what is happening on the field. He is getting lifted off his feet. His (several) profile coming out mentioned his weakness was core strength.

The one positive that I noticed, he could move to center if he doesn't work out or be a backup at all OL positions.  He was destroyed by the Jets a team he will meet frequently. Big problem.

Also Thornton he shows tremendous skills however they need refinement and without change on offense he a wasted pick.

------------------------------------

I don't see this happening, these are his guys. He has gone into battle with them. BB background and history tells Matty P and Judge are here to stay which is a crying shame.  Also BB rarely goes outside to find a coach that is not associated with his coaching tree. EX Nick Saban guys.  He will stick with his guys no matter how bad they are. see ST coach.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, Crimmage said:

BB will go scorched earth on the offensive coaching staff this offseason