Week 9 Thread: Vikings at Washington - The One Where Snyder Sells

MikeT14

18 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Personally I find watching TH at QB far more enjoyable than watching Wentz play and it has nothing to do with draft picks.

Agreed.  That loss was a crushing let down only because it was a great game.  It was truly fun to watch.

To me there is no point to bringing Wentz back into the picture.  The only reason Rivera does that is because he wants to prove he was right about Wentz and clearly Rivera was completely wrong.  There is no circumstance Wentz should be here next year.  So if you make a qb change, the only change is you see Howell at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The new ownership group is absolutely not picking up Wentz option. There is no way they're paying him nearly $30M next season to suck plus I think you're beholden to another season after that if you pick up the option. The new owner will be in place before the draft and free agency most likely. 

Maybe will see like I said prefer a fresh start . 

I really want to see Sam Howell, guys.

He's got the arm of Wentz & the mobility of Heinike.

If we lose the Philly game, I think putting Sam in there would be the right move.

You're 4-6 & probably on the verge of elimination from the Playoffs, but with a glimmer of hope.

I know Ron won't do that, but it would be the smart play, imo.

See what this kid has. Ron has nothing to lose anyways. He's probably fired at the end of the year. Lol

27 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I really want to see Sam Howell, guys.

He's got the arm of Wentz & the mobility of Heinike.

If we lose the Philly game, I think putting Sam in there would be the right move.

You're 4-6 & probably on the verge of elimination from the Playoffs, but with a glimmer of hope.

I know Ron won't do that, but it would be the smart play, imo.

See what this kid has. Ron has nothing to lose anyways. He's probably fired at the end of the year. Lol

Well if eagles blow us out maybe we can get one good Q 

I'm still irked over this loss. I knew we were in big trouble when I saw that incompetent referee Jerome Boger. He screws us every game . The call of St Juste was borderline and the calll on Rideway only happened after the Vikes pointed it out on the previous extra point. So they were looking for it.  Once he brushed againt him- Wham ! penalty .

I think we would have won Dallas and Titans with TH too.... I wanted Carson to work out, I really did - but he just folds under pressure and makes a patchwork OLine play worse than they really should. Its a hard thing to admit, but it is in fact certainly true.

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm still irked over this loss. I knew we were in big trouble when I saw that incompetent referee Jerome Boger. He screws us every game . The call of St Juste was borderline and the calll on Rideway only happened after the Vikes pointed it out on the previous extra point. So they were looking for it.  Once he brushed againt him- Wham ! penalty .

The call against BSJ bugs me the most. There’s far worse PI going on around the league week after week that goes uncalled and they were jockeying for position. However, it’s hard to complain about it when we were basically gifted a TD by the ref being a moron and standing in the way of the DB. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I think we would have won Dallas and Titans with TH too.... I wanted Carson to work out, I really did - but he just folds under pressure and makes a patchwork OLine play worse than they really should. Its a hard thing to admit, but it is in fact certainly true.

What games are you guys watching? Like you realize that the Cowboys have one of the best defenses in the NFL right? Please tell me what Taylor does against the Cowboys that beats them. I don't want to hear not take sacks because Wentz was only sacked twice against the Cowboys. He has a NOODLE ARM!!!!!!!!! Taylor has also thrown for over 300 yards ONE TIME in his NFL career (which was last year in a game we won because the refs threw a flag on a kick we missed to win the game), Wentz threw for over 300 in 3 out of 6 games here. I'm sure if Carson Wentz started Sunday you'd be saying that Taylor would've won that game too. Well guess what, he lost against the Vikings in a game we should've won. This is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

What games are you guys watching? Like you realize that the Cowboys have one of the best defenses in the NFL right? Please tell me what Taylor does against the Cowboys that beats them. I don't want to hear not take sacks because Wentz was only sacked twice against the Cowboys. He has a NOODLE ARM!!!!!!!!! Taylor has also thrown for over 300 yards ONE TIME in his NFL career (which was last year in a game we won because the refs threw a flag on a kick we missed to win the game), Wentz threw for over 300 in 3 out of 6 games here. I'm sure if Carson Wentz started Sunday you'd be saying that Taylor would've won that game too. Well guess what, he lost against the Vikings in a game we should've won. This is ridiculous. 

Good points all around, just my take on it is all. Taylor get's this team hyped up - and honestly, I blame most of our offensive woes on Scotty Turnstyle. 

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

I definitely feel you on wanting Carson to work out & now realizing that he’s not the guy but, he has given us our two best QB outings this season vs Jac & Tenn.

I don’t think that Heinicke would’ve won the games vs Dallas or Tenn either. Heinicke doesn’t make those throws to Dyami like Carson did. Carson played great until the last throw vs the Titans, we haven’t seen Heinicke play at that level all year. Heinicke also hasn’t played a good game vs Dallas. I don’t think he makes enough plays to have us win that game either. It would’ve gone different than it did with Wentz starting in each game, but I still think we lose both.

Carson was 66%, 359 yds, 2 TDs & had the int on the last play of the game vs Tenn. 

His game vs the Jags & Titans are the best two performances we’ve seen out of our QBs this year.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

I like Carson wentz and TH why can’t we all just support them . 

Because only one of them can start, so you must chose which one. My biggest reason for not wanting to start Carson over Taylor is that I don’t want Carson playing 70% or more of our snaps & then we’d have to send the Colts our 2nd round pick.

I have this feeling Wentz is coming back and looking like a new man ! This has given him more time to learn the offense- see things first hand from the sideline etc. The best is yet to come.

I love T H but I'm not blind to what he can / can't do . Lotta futball left ! HTTR.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because only one of them can start, so you must chose which one. My biggest reason for not wanting to start Carson over Taylor is that I don’t want Carson playing 70% or more of our snaps & then we’d have to send the Colts our 2nd round pick.

You know our history of Rd 2 picks. Just saying !