Week 9 Thread: Vikings at Washington - The One Where Snyder Sells

MikeT14

14 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

He has had a lot more praiseworthy plays in the past couple weeks than he has had his entire career. I would agree with this. However he still makes the mental mistakes and generally reacts slowly in coverage.

When linebackers are playing in coverage now more than ever, you need to have that.  Davis looks great stopping the run, but that’s only going to get him so far.  

Honestly, I think he needs to be deployed more as a pass-rusher.  I don’t see the coverage skills coming around to be able to handle talent similar to McKissec or Logan Thomas.  He’s much better at the LOS.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

When linebackers are playing in coverage now more than ever, you need to have that.  Davis looks great stopping the run, but that’s only going to get him so far.  

Honestly, I think he needs to be deployed more as a pass-rusher.  I don’t see the coverage skills coming around to be able to handle talent similar to McKissec or Logan Thomas.  He’s much better at the LOS.  

Yeah but he’s 235 pounds, he’s not going to be an every down pass rusher. He can and should be used as a blitzer though at times.

16 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Alex Smith
Josh Johnson
Colt McCoy
Mark Sanchez
Dwayne Haskins
Kyle Allen
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Taylor Heinicke
Case Keemun
Garrett Gilbert
Carson Wentz

I know the list & I stand by my statement that only Alex, Fitz, Case, Heinicke & Carson were/are starting worthy QBs. The rest are back up material.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If we were a better team, we would get more Sunday 4:25 and prime time spots. 

Maybe someday when we’re old & gray, but not today! 😂 

I just realized we don’t have a home night game. We played at Chicago on Thursday night & play at Philly next Monday. 😮 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He’s also outstanding covering backs coming out of the backfield. 

A LB should never be matched up against a guy like Terry McLaurin. If they’re getting their WR1 lined up on a LB, they’ve already beaten you before the snap even happens. You just can’t get outmaneuvered that badly by alignment, because no LB can hang with a guy like McLaurin for more than a couple seconds.

The next step for Jamin is being better able to handle the run-of-the-mill slot guys and definitely the TEs in coverage that requires him to be prepared to give ground. He gets beaten quickly by the slot guys (lots of LBs do), but he needs to be better in that area to become a legit WLB type who can be a Swiss Army knife for a defense. He’s physically able to do it, but the technique and the leverage and the ability to resist the head and body fakes is not where you’d like it to be for a guy who will have to be at least something of a “cover LB.”

Edited by e16bball

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’ve gotta admit, I am pretty excited to see a game live for the first time in a long time.  The crowd will be interesting tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, tickets went FAST on Ticketmaster once the potential sale announcement happened. 

Everybody loves a light at the end of an excruciating tunnel!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It is strange because all of those ticket sales went directly into Snyder’s pocket. 

Yeah, that is a bit strange. But it’s a drop in the bucket (in the universe, really) in comparison to the amount of money that’s about to go into Snyder’s pocket, so I guess it’s a bit inconsequential.

For me at least, I stopped spending money on the team when I knew it was helping to perpetuate his continued grasp on the organization. Now that (hopefully) we’re moving quickly towards a post-Snyder existence, I’m not really as concerned about it, if the personal boycott just for the purpose of spiting him. I guess other folks must feel the same way?

My step-kid is a big Giants fan, I may even take him down there for the game near Christmas. Haven’t been to that stadium to watch them since the game after Sean died. 

• Like 1