Week 9 GDT Bills leave the state: Buffalo @ New Jersey

Trentwannabe

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Some Bills fan will never let a bad word about Allen be spoken. I remember some comeback wins in 19 and 20 were because Allen turned it over earlier in the game, but fans only talked about the final drives lol

I mean, i get it. This is the first franchise QB most of us have ever seen play for our team, but he’s earned the right for me to have the standard i have for him. It’s also a massive testament to the Chiefs because if they didn’t exist a blip(which is what this really is) like this wouldn’t matter nearly as much. 

• Like 1

Some Bills fan will never let a bad word about Allen be spoken. I remember some comeback wins in 19 and 20 were because Allen turned it over earlier in the game, but fans only talked about the final drives lol

I expect him to be the best because that's his baseline now.

I swear half this fanbase is still stuck in the "gee whiz aww shucks" loveable losers just happy to be here times. Eff that, this is our window! This is supposed to be the best team in the league, this is supposed to be our year, I expect a win damn near every weekend and am frustrated when we can't get it and it is especially frustrating at times like today because all Josh needed to do was play a mistake free game and we win, ugly and uninspiring, but we win. Instead because of his costly turnovers and near turnovers we let a team that, lets all be honest, was absolutely petrified of throwing the football, run all over us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I swear half this fanbase is still stuck in the "gee whiz aww shucks" loveable losers just happy to be here times. Eff that, this is our window! This is supposed to be the best team in the league, this is supposed to be our year, I expect a win damn near every weekend and am frustrated when we can't get it and it is especially frustrating at times like today because all Josh needed to do was play a mistake free game and we win, ugly and uninspiring, but we win. Instead because of his costly turnovers and near turnovers we let a team that, lets all be honest, was absolutely petrified of throwing the football, run all over us.

The game should have been over after the Millet FF. They killed so much clock and had nothing to show for it, we had a 4 point lead. 

A TD drive there likely forces the Jets into more throwing. Instead, Allen literally gives it right to Sauce. 

11 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I mean, i get it. This is the first franchise QB most of us have ever seen play for our team, but he’s earned the right for me to have the standard i have for him. It’s also a massive testament to the Chiefs because if they didn’t exist a blip(which is what this really is) like this wouldn’t matter nearly as much. 

Fans were so desperate for so long for a franchise guy we talked ourselves into Lossman, Fitz, Tuel, Manuel And Tyrod. 

Now that we have a bona fide franchise guy, it’s like people think if they criticize him he’ll leave or something lol

The game should have been over after the Millet FF. They killed so much clock and had nothing to show for it, we had a 4 point lead. 

A TD drive there likely forces the Jets into more throwing. Instead, Allen literally gives it right to Sauce. 

When they had to throw Wilson was bad when we pressured it was working all we had to do was play a safe, ball control, dink and dunk game which WAS WORKING until Josh just could not set his feet. The near INT that missed a wide open Shakir breaking across the middle was embarrassing, he makes the throw to Shakir we win, period. Make the throw. It was right there, you weren't being pressured, make the throw.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It’s fine to be critical of him, but I think today was a total team blunder. No one really played well. Not many people are calling out the offensive line and they deserve a lot of blame. Even the goat Tom Brady looked bad when he was constantly under pressure. I am trying to keep things in perspective and not trying to overreact to one game. You tend to be very up and down seemingly on every play.

49 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

It’s fine to be critical of him, but I think today was a total team blunder. No one really played well. Not many people are calling out the offensive line and they deserve a lot of blame. Even the goat Tom Brady looked bad when he was constantly under pressure. I am trying to keep things in perspective and not trying to overreact to one game. You tend to be very up and down seemingly on every play.

Offensive line wasn’t great, but 17 through the ball to a defender on multiple occasions in brutal spots that swung the game on two separate occasions, and he’s the best player on the team, he can’t be doing that.  The defense wasn’t great, but their decimated and the offense didn’t help them out much today in terms of sustaining drives.

Jets fan living in Rochester so I’m very familiar with the bills and usually watch all their games. Josh is a gamer and will bounce back there’s definitely nothing to worry about there but what I have to comment on is that I feel like I haven’t seen him look that rattled since year 2 aside from maybe the Jacksonville game last year

20 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Offensive line wasn’t great, but 17 through the ball to a defender on multiple occasions in brutal spots that swung the game on two separate occasions, and he’s the best player on the team, he can’t be doing that.  The defense wasn’t great, but their decimated and the offense didn’t help them out much today in terms of sustaining drives.

This offense relies so much on Allen. The offensive line and skill players outside of Diggs have been inconsistent. Who’s our 2nd best skill player right now? Singletary? That’s not good enough imo. Josh has to do EVERYTHING on offense. He’s our leading rushing for crying out loud. We need to find ways to take a little bit of the load off of Josh. I think this offense outside of Diggs and Allen are all replaceable imo.

26 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

This offense relies so much on Allen. The offensive line and skill players outside of Diggs have been inconsistent. Who’s our 2nd best skill player right now? Singletary? That’s not good enough imo. Josh has to do EVERYTHING on offense. He’s our leading rushing for crying out loud. We need to find ways to take a little bit of the load off of Josh. I think this offense outside of Diggs and Allen are all replaceable imo.

I also said in this thread that Gabe ain’t it

9 hours ago, Greene N White said:

Jets fan living in Rochester so I’m very familiar with the bills and usually watch all their games. Josh is a gamer and will bounce back there’s definitely nothing to worry about there but what I have to comment on is that I feel like I haven’t seen him look that rattled since year 2 aside from maybe the Jacksonville game last year

This might be the worst Guard play he’s been behind since being a rookie. 

OL tends to get over looked in Buffalo as a need because Allen can make them look better than they are. But yesterday is a prime example of what happens when they face a really good DL.