Week 9 GDT Bills leave the state: Buffalo @ New Jersey

Trentwannabe

Ooooofff No bueno 

Few things:

2019 Josh Allen came out to play yesterday - cant have that.

Why were there no short to intermediate routes yesterday?

Why abandon the run? Singletary is capable of handling the load of 15+ carries.

Gabe is cute and all but he aint it. He's not the #2 we all thought he would be. We need a compliment to Diggs, OBJ????? Hell even get Shakir more involved. 

Is Crowder set to come back at all this year or is he out for the season?

Tremaine Edmunds is not good, like at all. 

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

??? I’m usually the Edmunds basher and I saw nothing wrong yesterday. He made a lot of plays side line to sideline. Also had an INT taken away from him. 

I just saw him out of position on some plays not just yesterday but throughout his career. His main negative is that he, to me, has a low football IQ. He struggles to diagnose plays. I think this year is the same but Milano has made it easier for TE to just go be an athlete. 

I still dont want us to resign him. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

??? I’m usually the Edmunds basher and I saw nothing wrong yesterday. He made a lot of plays side line to sideline. Also had an INT taken away from him. 

We had some poor tackling but more so from our secondary, mainly our Safeties imo. 

Those little 5-10 yard passes exposed our backups. Jets planned well on both sides of the ball 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

It will depend on price for me.

I’ve been disappointed with Oliver lately. That was a banged up Jets line we just played and I didn’t see him on the backfield once. Not sure how you can pay him a huge contract 

I agree on Oliver. He lacks consistency. One week he can look dominant and the next week he is nowhere to be found. At this point he hasn’t proven enough imo to warrant a big contract extension. Going into the season we were wondering how we’re going to keep guys like Oliver, Edmunds, Davis, etc, but right now I don’t think any of them deserve big contracts, besides maybe Edmunds at the right price.

I was worried about this game when we lost a bunch of defensive starters and GB put the blueprint out on how to control the game against us. 

The Jets were playing for their playoff lives. Their defense is really good, and matches up really well against us. Allen was bad, but that happens to the best of them every now and then. He NEEDS to clean up those INTs, though. Hopefully he goes nuclear again soon. He got into a funk last year around the midway mark of the season. I'm not a fan of it, but if he's lights out in Dec onward, then I'll forgive him! hehe...

Losing Rousseau hurt A LOT. Him and Von are the life blood on the EDGE right now. The defense just isn't the same with Milano + both our probowl safeties out. J Johnson was AWFUL. Hopefully Marlowe can go soon. 

Any given Sunday, boys. Never forget that. The Jets are more than good enough to put a beating on a team. Buffalo needs to right the ship quickly because the division is not a walkover anymore. It's a tough division where we'll likely have to grind out some wins. Good stuff. I want all the smoke!

Edited by WizeGuy

17 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I agree on Oliver. He lacks consistency. One week he can look dominant and the next week he is nowhere to be found. At this point he hasn’t proven enough imo to warrant a big contract extension. Going into the season we were wondering how we’re going to keep guys like Oliver, Edmunds, Davis, etc, but right now I don’t think any of them deserve big contracts, besides maybe Edmunds at the right price.

Edmunds for sure as of this moment. Him and Milano are a great duo. Milano is better, but Edmunds is a very good player in his own right. 

Oliver may still be battling an injury, though. He seemed way more dominant last year and was taking the next step until his injury. But yeah- I'm disappointed in how he's played.

Gabe is a splash player at this point. He lacks consistency to be the feature #2 weapon in this offense. Hopefully he figures it out, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Edmunds for sure as of this moment. Him and Milano are a great duo. Milano is better, but Edmunds is a very good player in his own right. 

Oliver may still be battling an injury, though. He seemed way more dominant last year and was taking the next step until his injury. But yeah- I'm disappointed in how he's played.

Gabe is a splash player at this point. He lacks consistency to be the feature #2 weapon in this offense. Hopefully he figures it out, but I'm not holding my breath. 

I don’t know how we make it work but if Allen is good to go, we need OBJ. 

Im not worried about our run defense because 9 times out of 10 it won’t matter when we score 30+ but Oliver at this point is a very good player but not one id want to break the bank for.