My 1st Mock

Bobby816

51 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Winters can be at C with Price at RG. It is not out of question.

I had Bridgewater and Norv Turner in my mock. It may improve the chance to be long term fix at QB. Do you agree?

Absolutely. Bridgewater is my #1 guy for us in the offseason. I do think that he can do great with Morton as his OC. That’s the bigger thing for me is who our OC is. Bc I have no confidence that we fire Bowles to make Turner a HC candidate. I also think Morton has done enough good to keep his job as our OC and he shouldn’t be replaced by Turner either. I think talent is our biggest problem on our offense right now, not coaching. 

On 11/27/2017 at 2:05 PM, Bobby816 said:

Instead of quoting multiple people. I have us resigning Johnson as a backup C. As a backup he won’t cost much and is actually not a bad backup. That’s why I have us drafting Price to start. Linsley or someone in FA will costs a decent amount when I’d rather address C in the draft and a cheap backup. I still have no clue how Elflein wasn’t drafted by us last draft.

Now regarding the QB position. Honestly I don’t see anyone better than what we have outside of Rosen or Darnold. So I don’t think spending a high pick on a guy like Jackson, Allen or Mayfield is smart. QB isn’t our only need. And if we are drafting in the 5-10 range, I see all those QBs as reach picks in that range. I also view Bridgewater as a lot more than a bridge an. I see him very much as a potential franchise qb. He literally just turned 25 a couple weeks ago. So there’s a future with him. He’s going to get paid big money and I can’t see Minnesota doing that with Keenum playing like he is. We have that money to spend and have a starting spot for him. Like I stated. Guys like Bridgewater rarely hit FA and we shouldn’t miss the opportunity to try and get him. He will cost significantly less than Cousins and is 5 years younger. Bridgewater looked every bit of the part of a franchise qb before his injury. If he’s already ready to play the doctors can evaluate him in the offseason and see if they think the injury is something that won’t be an issue down the road. 

The fact that you'd rather pay big money to Bridgewater and not Cousins has me baffled. There is no situation where I'd want us to sign Bridgewater to multiple years let alone "big money". I'll take the healthy top 5 QB that has sustained his play even though his team has been decimated by injury 

42 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

The fact that you'd rather pay big money to Bridgewater and not Cousins has me baffled. There is no situation where I'd want us to sign Bridgewater to multiple years let alone "big money". I'll take the healthy top 5 QB that has sustained his play even though his team has been decimated by injury 

I nowhere in there said I’m opposed to going after Cousins. But Bridgewater will cost significantly less than Cousins. Cousins will cost an average of Around $25mill/per where Bridgewater will cost between $15-20mill/per. So there is a difference. Also Bridgewater is 5 years younger, so there’s a longer future with him. I wouldn’t be upset at all if we signed Cousins, but he’s not a top 5 QB in the NFL. He’s borderline top 10 and can’t win big games. And bc guys like him don’t hit FA often, we’d have to pay him for sure top 5 QB money. From a financial aspect that’s not smart to over pay anybody. But we are desperate for a qb, so we have to try.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I nowhere in there said I’m opposed to going after Cousins. But Bridgewater will cost significantly less than Cousins. Cousins will cost an average of Around $25mill/per where Bridgewater will cost between $15-20mill/per. So there is a difference. Also Bridgewater is 5 years younger, so there’s a longer future with him. I wouldn’t be upset at all if we signed Cousins, but he’s not a top 5 QB in the NFL. He’s borderline top 10 and can’t win big games. And bc guys like him don’t hit FA often, we’d have to pay him for sure top 5 QB money. From a financial aspect that’s not smart to over pay anybody. But we are desperate for a qb, so we have to try.

There is no way I'd want to pay Bridgewater $15-20M. Being 5 years younger does not have any correlation to playing better. He sustained an injury few people ever come back from, give me the sure thing or the gamble of the draft over Teddy at that price. Teddy at $10M maybe but I'd be taking a QB in the first too

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Honestly, I would be in the ******* mental hospital if Cousins agreed to contract with Jets.

After all the terrible QB play we've experienced as a franchise and all the cap space we finally have and not landing a 1st or 2nd pick I'm honestly shocked there are fans that don't like the idea of signing him after the 3 seasons he's just put up.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, rdelaney89 said:

After all the terrible QB play we've experienced as a franchise and all the cap space we finally have and not landing a 1st or 2nd pick I'm honestly shocked there are fans that don't like the idea of signing him after the 3 seasons he's just put up.

One positive is him and Robbie Anderson could put on a show.  

Archived