NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

Who's ready for the season? The Heels are the clear cut #1 preseason team. Hoping we can take last year's run to the title game and build off it as a team. We should be deeper this year but the Big 3 are still there and Pete Nance should be able to adequately replaced Brady Manek. Don't get me wrong, Manek's ability to spread the floor from the 4 was huge but Nance should be able to hit shots for us. Don't think he'll be able to do it off the dribble or contested like Brady could but we've got a shot at a title. The last 2 times that we went to the Final Four, we've gone back the next year and won it all. I expect no different this year.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Got to be honest, it was so refreshing watching Duke without Coach K manning the sideline the other day in our exhibition game. Just a breath of fresh air. Also, Mark Mitchell is easily going to be one of my favorite players based off how he looked in the game. I’m a sucker for high motor athletic wings.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:28 PM, beekay414 said:

Who's ready for the season? The Heels are the clear cut #1 preseason team. Hoping we can take last year's run to the title game and build off it as a team. We should be deeper this year but the Big 3 are still there and Pete Nance should be able to adequately replaced Brady Manek. Don't get me wrong, Manek's ability to spread the floor from the 4 was huge but Nance should be able to hit shots for us. Don't think he'll be able to do it off the dribble or contested like Brady could but we've got a shot at a title. The last 2 times that we went to the Final Four, we've gone back the next year and won it all. I expect no different this year.

UNC's team will be nice, Davis/Love are by far the best backcourt in the country. Excited to see how Duke looks but it's a bummer we'll be without Whitehead and Lively early on. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

UNC's team will be nice, Davis/Love are by far the best backcourt in the country. Excited to see how Duke looks but it's a bummer we'll be without Whitehead and Lively early on. 

If we don't make the Final Four, it's a failed season. Team is too talented to not make a legitimate run. Outside of Tschiebwe and Timme, Bacot should be the premier big man in college ball and we, as you said, we have the best backcourt in the country. Team is built to win in March.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

lol at "by far".    they are very good but they arent easily the best backcourt in the country and i'll stand on that.

I'm in a really cool college fantasy league. Two periods a week, so multiple matchups each week. You play someone Monday thru Thursday and then another team for the weekend set. If you get two games from a player, per period, you get their average production, not both games' totals. Example is I get TJD 2x this first period but I miss out on him this weekend. You get multiple payouts too. It's 54 teams with three 18 team pods and then we get put in conferences. So you get a payout if you win your conference regular season, a payout if you win the conference tourney, a payout at certain points in the NCAA Tourney and then you get the big payout if you win it all. You also get a chance to get your money back if you don't make the tournament by winning the NIT. It's awesome. 18 man rosters, so you can choose to go any way you want with your team. I decided that I'd rather gamble on high upside guys in the middle-to-late rounds once I got my core guys and I took Graham Ike in the 4th since he's a top 5 pick when healthy. My team is LOADED if the upside plays work out.

Listed in order of how they were drafted by position. I had the 3rd pick and took TJD.

Guards: Tyree Appleby (WF), Joseph Girard (CUSE), Jordan Walsh (ARK), Malachi Smith (DAYT), Chucky Hepburn (WIS), Boogie Ellis (USC), Isaiah Stevens (CSU), Justyn Fernandez (GMASON)

Forwards: Trayce Jackson-Davis (IND), KJ Williams (LSU), GG Jackson (SCAR), Graham Ike (WYO), Mouhamed Gueye (WAZZU), Keion Brooks (WASH), Tre Mitchell (WVU), Mark Mitchell (DUKE), Julian Phillips (TEN), Max Agbonkpolo (WYO)

You start 3 guards, 2 forwards, a forward/center slot and 2 flex spots. Bigs are more important since you get bonus points for double doubles. 

Edited by beekay414

Oh and you can play everyone. We have 3 different 18 man drafts so if you end up playing someone that picked the same person you picked, it's a wash and the rest of your guys make the difference. You want to play those guys regardless though since point totals are the main tiebreaker in postseason seedings. It's so in-depth and I'm here for all of it.

You also only draft from a certain set of conferences. We pick from the A10, AAC, ACC, Big East, B1G, Big 12, MWC, Pac 12 and SEC.

Edited by beekay414