NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

On 11/28/2022 at 6:37 PM, Malfatron said:

I want minn and NW to lose today right(as a badgers fan). Or if they win, would it boost WIs eventual rankings by the big 10 being propped up?

I know this is passed now but I'm one who never can root for a rival.  I pull for all Big 10 teams in the challenge except Michigan.  Never can root for the rival so I can understand pulling against MN if thats your biggest rival although they havent been much of a rival recently.  But also this challenge doesnt mean much in the big picture and given enough Big 10 teams are playing well and have some big wins, the B10 will have enough quad 1/2 opportunities to get resume wins.

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I know this is passed now but I'm one who never can root for a rival.  I pull for all Big 10 teams in the challenge except Michigan.  Never can root for the rival so I can understand pulling against MN if thats your biggest rival although they havent been much of a rival recently.  But also this challenge doesnt mean much in the big picture and given enough Big 10 teams are playing well and have some big wins, the B10 will have enough quad 1/2 opportunities to get resume wins.

I ended up rooting against all the B10

Wisconsin isnt great so they all the help they get

Edited by Malfatron

14 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

And the fact they weren’t even really competitive in most of those games. 

I am guessing you are a FSU fan?  How has Caleb Mills been?  I only check the box scores for him but I thought he would be a legit 20 ppg scorer in CBB. Sucks he couldnt buy into what Sampson was teaching him.  That's why he transferred.

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I am guessing you are a FSU fan?  How has Caleb Mills been?  I only check the box scores for him but I thought he would be a legit 20 ppg scorer in CBB. Sucks he couldnt buy into what Sampson was teaching him.  That's why he transferred.

Mills was good last year. I think he's been about similarly good this year but his shot isn't dropping for some reason. It's been awhile since FSU had a scorer at the PG position before he came along.

Half the team is new. I think Coach Ham figures it out soon. We're also waiting on star international prospect Baba Miller to play, which won't be until next month due to some penalty about a benefit he got. (-Getting flown back and forth once from Spain to FSU, back to Spain. The family even paid the money back.) 

• Like 1