NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're both so limited offensively though and can't really shoot. I thought Whitehead was going to be a lot better but the injury looks to have cooked his season.

I think Keels could've challenged for ACC POY and cemented himself as a FRP.

Proctor has shown flashes but needs to be more consistent. If he comes back as a Sophomore, I think he could be in for a big Sophomore season. Lively is strictly a rim runner and put back artist at this point, but if he can continue to have the impact defensively he’s recently had without getting into foul trouble, he’ll be fine.

And this circles back to the Keels point. If he came back, we wouldn’t need to rely as heavily on Proctor, Lively or Whitehead offensively. Keels, Roach, Flip being the main scorers with the other freshmen providing whatever offense the have, would’ve been more than sufficient. Especially since the defense has been greatly good this year.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Proctor has shown flashes but needs to be more consistent. If he comes back as a Sophomore, I think he could be in for a big Sophomore season. Lively is strictly a rim runner and put back artist at this point, but if he can continue to have the impact defensively he’s recently had without getting into foul trouble, he’ll be fine.

And this circles back to the Keels point. If he came back, we wouldn’t need to rely as heavily on Proctor, Lively or Whitehead offensively. Keels, Roach, Flip being the main scorers with the other freshmen providing whatever offense the have, would’ve been more than sufficient. Especially since the defense has been greatly good this year.

Yeah I think he should come back, the only guys that should even consider leaving are Lively, Flip, and Whitehead but all three could benefit from returning as well. 

If Keels returns to school I doubt that Proctor would've even reclassified, he'd be coming next season. Keels would've given us much needed shooting and scoring on the perimeter. 

On 2/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, TitanSlim said:

And man, what a disappointing year for Carolina. No way I’d thought they’d be 15-8 and only 7-5 in ACC play at this point of the year.

I think a number of ACC teams can say that. I certainly didn't expect the Hokies to be where they are. Beat Duke, UNC, and split with UVA but you're 4-8 in conference play? Yeesh. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

UNC does not deserve an at-large bid whatsoever. This team is not a tournament team. Let Charleston or some other mid-major get a shot over these chuckers. 

I wanted to have hope for Duke ROS after we beat you but we're terrible as well. The worst shooting and least skilled Duke team I can remember.