NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

On 2/11/2023 at 3:38 PM, beekay414 said:

I don't think they are a tourney team but UNC likely just likely locked their spot in after destroying Clemson today. If they can beat one of Miami, NC State or Virginia, they're 100% in.

lol yeah, forget about this. They ain't beating Virginia when they can't even shoot above 35% vs NC State. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Virginia hasn’t been impressive at all this year IMO. I feel like there’s a shot you win that one

We struggle with them when we're good. The fact that we're shooting like prime Brandon Jennings the last month just plays into UVA's strengths. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The refs hosed Duke against UVA, would've been a huge win for their tournament resume, still think there's a good chance we can get a bid though if we finish strong.

Barring an epic collapse, I think Duke is safe. They’re in about the 6-8 range in seeding right now.

That UVA lost was so tough though. Like you pointed out, it would’ve been huge for our resume and would’ve made us that much closer to being a top four seed in the ACC and getting that double bye for the tournament.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Barring an epic collapse, I think Duke is safe. They’re in about the 6-8 range in seeding right now.

That UVA lost was so tough though. Like you pointed out, it would’ve been huge for our resume and would’ve made us that much closer to being a top four seed in the ACC and getting that double bye for the tournament.

Good to see Whitehead back this weekend, I still don't have a ton of faith in the team making any type of deep run but hopefully we still make the field, lol.