NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Based on Lunardi's current bracket, my Final Four would be...

(MW1) Kansas vs (W4) Xavier
(S1) Alabama vs (E1) Houston

Would be a pretty boring result but hard to project the strength of the matchups right now. I think Kansas is a lock. The West is going to be chaotic if that's the bracket and Xavier, even with no Freemantle, has the firepower to come out of it. Alabama is the clear cut best team in the South region since I do not believe in Purdue's guard play whatsover and K-State is the 3 seed. Houston comes out of the strongest bracket IMO. The East should provide the most fun matchups based on how Lunardi has them right now (Illinois-Arkansas, Saint Mary's-Oral Roberts, Duke-Rutgers, Tennessee will lose to Louisiana, Iowa-Pittsburgh would be a barnburner).

Duke national championship incoming

I'd really much rather go back to RPI being a main factor in bids over quadrant wins. Just heavily favors power conference teams over mid-majors and it's totally boring. I'd 100% rather see a 25+ win mid-major over a barely over .500 B1G or Big 12 team just because they got the opportunities that the little guys didn't. I want more shots at Cinderellas, not less. The fact that it took until a first round conference tournament loss for a team that was 17-13 to be eliminated from an at-large bid is just comical. 

I'd much rather see both North Texas and Florida Atlantic in the tournament than someone like friggin' Oklahoma State. Feel like, if you're going to slant these things so blatantly toward bigger schools, there needs to be a qualifier that you cannot go under .500 in your conference and get an at-large bid. 

Edited by beekay414

So Duke is now 16-1 with their full healthy roster with the one loss being the controversial UVA loss. As good an in season progression as I’ve ever seen from a Duke team.

Don’t even care if we win the ACC tournament at this point. Just want us to carry our current play into the Big Dance.

• Like 1

Hubert Davis ain't it. There's no movement on offense. It's literally just set a pick and hope the guard can turn the corner. Everyone is just standing around. This is why you don't just "keep it in the Carolina family." The Carolina family sucks right now.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'd really much rather go back to RPI being a main factor in bids over quadrant wins. Just heavily favors power conference teams over mid-majors and it's totally boring. I'd 100% rather see a 25+ win mid-major over a barely over .500 B1G or Big 12 team just because they got the opportunities that the little guys didn't. I want more shots at Cinderellas, not less. The fact that it took until a first round conference tournament loss for a team that was 17-13 to be eliminated from an at-large bid is just comical. 

I'd much rather see both North Texas and Florida Atlantic in the tournament than someone like friggin' Oklahoma State. Feel like, if you're going to slant these things so blatantly toward bigger schools, there needs to be a qualifier that you cannot go under .500 in your conference and get an at-large bid. 

funny how the metrics of Quad w/l seems to favor the power 5 conferences. almost like the selection committee wants to line the pockets of those teams