NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

This appears to be very likable Duke team this year. The ball movement (19 assists on 27 made FGs), hustle/effort and defense was extremely encouraging to see in game 1.

Can’t wait to see Lively and Whitehead added to the mix.  Lively adding that interior defensive presence and Whitehead hopefully being the one star player of the team will be exactly what the team needs.

Edited by TitanSlim

On 11/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, TitanSlim said:

This appears to be very likable Duke team this year. The ball movement (19 assists on 27 made FGs), hustle/effort and defense was extremely encouraging to see in game 1.

Can’t wait to see Lively and Whitehead added to the mix.  Lively adding that interior defensive presence and Whitehead hopefully being the one star player of the team will be exactly what the team needs.

Mark Mitchell was probably the most overlooked player in the country coming into this season. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mark Mitchell was probably the most overlooked player in the country coming into this season. 

He really is like a baby Siakam. He’s going to have a major impact for us this year. Just a exhibition and a regular season game and he’s quickly shot up as a favorite of mine.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He really is like a baby Siakam. He’s going to have a major impact for us this year. Just a exhibition and a regular season game and he’s quickly shot up as a favorite of mine.

When we're healthy do you think the lineup will be: Roach - Whitehead - Mitchell - Flip - Lively?

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When we're healthy do you think the lineup will be: Roach - Whitehead - Mitchell - Flip - Lively?

I think so. Mitchell has to start imo, his energy is too infectious not to. I am intrigued by a Roach-Proctor-Whitehead-Mitchell-Lively lineup with Flip manning the bench unit tho.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No idea who that is, but I'm sure he got cooked at our secret scrimmage. Duke's backcourt of Roach/Proctor will be the best in the country in March.

Houston beat Duke in the scrimmage.  LOL.  Granted Duke didnt have Whitehead and Lively but still. 

Here are the stats. 

11408299.jpeg

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How did Proctor look?

He struggled honestly, seemed nervous. Went 0-fer (0-8, 0-4 from 3) including missing a point blank layup. Was active on defense tho. I’m not worried tho, he’ll be fine. Especially once Whitehead takes some pressure off him.

Jaylen Blakes was the surprise. He looked like he could legit gives us an effective 10 minutes off the bench. 

Edited by TitanSlim