NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nah he’s projected to go in the 20-30 range

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

At the moment it’s kinda all over the place. I’ve seen him anywhere from just outside the lottery to mid 2nd round. It sounds like he initially came to Duke to be a multi year guy, so that may be playing a part too. 

Gotcha, thanks. Honestly, the handful of games I watched I wasn't OVERLY impressed, and wasn't thinking lottery. Just kinda assumed. Felt like I was watching Josh McRoberts for lack of a great comparison. 

That said, him coming back would be HUGE for that squad. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Gotcha, thanks. Honestly, the handful of games I watched I wasn't OVERLY impressed, and wasn't thinking lottery. Just kinda assumed. Felt like I was watching Josh McRoberts for lack of a great comparison. 

That said, him coming back would be HUGE for that squad. 

He's huge and has an above average skill level but he's a super streaky shooter, average defender, and his lack of athleticism is the main reason he's also pretty meh as a finisher. I'm sure he'll stick around the league for a while as a backup big that can stretch the floor but I don't see anything special in terms of his NBA potential.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Flip leaves, Duke needs to go all in to land Hunter Dickinson

I think I’d rather go all in on Daron Holmes. Proctor/Foster/Mgbako/Mitchell/Holmes with McCain, Stewart, Young, Schutt and Power off the bench.

Long, athletic and versatile.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSlim said:

I think I’d rather go all in on Daron Holmes. Proctor/Foster/Mgbako/Mitchell/Holmes with McCain, Stewart, Young, Schutt and Power off the bench.

Long, athletic and versatile.

He'd be a good option as well. It sounds like Flip is going to return though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

Any Badger fans think Gard will be fired? 

Not a Badger basketball fan but he'll probably get one more year at least. They finished tied for 1st in the B1G in 2021 so I don't think Chris McIntosh will react to one failed season. Plus, not sure he's going to ask donors to pay for a new HC after going all in on Luke Fickell in football.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not a Badger basketball fan but he'll probably get one more year at least. They finished tied for 1st in the B1G in 2021 so I don't think Chris McIntosh will react to one failed season. Plus, not sure he's going to ask donors to pay for a new HC after going all in on Luke Fickell in football.

Being in Wisconsin you would know as much as a fan. It just seems like the level has gone down so much from Bo to Gard. Missing the tournament 2/4 years, no talent coming in.