GDT - 9 - The Colts Come to Town

Iron_man

Agreed, for the most part. I remember a lot of people being worried about the Patricia being the OL coach. 

Also agreed about Andrews. He's the glue of this OL, having him back after the bye will be huge. I wouldn't have benched Strange for Wynn this week though, Wynn wasn't much better and you'd rather give Strange the experience. 

Cajuste was getting pushed around a decent amount the few times I watched him.. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move Wynn to RG or Ferentz to RG during the bye week to get Onwenu out to RT. 

I thought it was crazy to move Wynn. IMO disaster was just waiting to happen.

Reason.

Career LT

His contract year

Big bucks lost

New position

Pissed attitude, guessing hates the change.

The change was good for the Pats (if it worked as plan), horrible for Wynn.

49 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Where would you rank this offensive line among the worst of the BB era

The worst-coached, probably. The individual players are fine. Not great, not elite, but certainly capable. Not being able to work out something functional from those players is an indictment of the inept offensive coaching staff imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LD696 said:

The worst-coached, probably. The individual players are fine. Not great, not elite, but certainly capable. Not being able to work out something functional from those players is an indictment of the inept offensive coaching staff imo.

Coaching change is another good point.

Jon Jones with another really good performance too. 

With McCourty likely retiring soon, it would be smart to lock up Jon Jones for another 2-3 years. He's become a great locker room guy from all accounts and could go a long way towards helping replace McCourty imo too. 

The bye week would be a great time for BB to focus on trying to get some hometown discount extensions with Jones/Onwenu/Meyers. I think that's when Phillips resigned last year and he signed for an incredibly good deal. 

Edited by Crimmage

10 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Agreed, for the most part. I remember a lot of people being worried about the Patricia being the OL coach. 

Also agreed about Andrews. He's the glue of this OL, having him back after the bye will be huge. I wouldn't have benched Strange for Wynn this week though, Wynn wasn't much better and you'd rather give Strange the experience. 

Cajuste was getting pushed around a decent amount the few times I watched him.. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move Wynn to RG or Ferentz to RG during the bye week to get Onwenu out to RT. 

Something I heard today, not sure if true. In two games, we have one offensive touchdown drive of over 4 yards.