Bucs VS Rams

BucsDraftGeek47

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

The more I see this line struggle  - the more I wonder why we didn't pay Alex Cappa instead of signing Justin Gage and Fat Lenny :( 

Oof

Good point

But I don't think Cappa is performing well in Cinci anyway. He might be average like we all thought because Burrow is still constantly getting harassed.

I feel like Gage would have been balling out by now if BA was still around. 

But I never wanted Lenny back and I've been pounding the Rachaad drum since before we drafted him

8 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

The more I see this line struggle  - the more I wonder why we didn't pay Alex Cappa instead of signing Justin Gage and Fat Lenny :( 

Because no one saw Jensen getting hurt.  I think they envisioned that they could make it work with a line of Smith-?-Jensen-Mason-Wirfs.  When there became 2 holes it was too late.  Still think we should've kicked the tires on JC Tretter and allowed Hainsey to stay at G.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Because no one saw Jensen getting hurt.  I think they envisioned that they could make it work with a line of Smith-?-Jensen-Mason-Wirfs.  When there became 2 holes it was too late.  Still think we should've kicked the tires on JC Tretter and allowed Hainsey to stay at G.

agree 100%

also im not sure why we ever decided to make Hainsey a C, how many Tackles-to-Centers from college actually work out? Hainsey definitely would have been our starting LG this season had Jensen been healthy.

Speaking of which, whats the word on Jensen anyway? People were saying nothing at all then saying November, and now nothing once again. If Jensen comes back at least all these 1st down runs wont be as terrible as they are now. 

6 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

agree 100%

also im not sure why we ever decided to make Hainsey a C, how many Tackles-to-Centers from college actually work out? Hainsey definitely would have been our starting LG this season had Jensen been healthy.

Speaking of which, whats the word on Jensen anyway? People were saying nothing at all then saying November, and now nothing once again. If Jensen comes back at least all these 1st down runs wont be as terrible as they are now. 

Stinnie imo would of been the starting guard. Hainsey is OK C but I dont think he is the long term answer. On most of our run plays he constantly gets pushed back. Guy is too weak to man the position. His best role is probably be a utility G/C for us. 

Nick Leverett has been a great surprise in the mean time

On 11/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, YoungBucs15 said:

Jensen is a good center. Maybe Brady made him look great but I still don't think Cappa is the problem in Cincy either lol. Not one guy makes the line. But Cappa having Wirfs next to him fit this OL. Shaq Mason is undersized and older vet. Bellichik handed him away which usually means he knows damaged goods when he sees it. 

Agree on JC Tretter. 

Damn - Jason Licht normally has a good track record on OL . Have to say he might have dropped the ball on Mason, Goedeke, and Hainsey.