Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

What is an actual expectation? Gute, MLF, and Murphy aren't going anywhere... I doubt 12 does as well... So what is really exciting about a tank? I'm legitimately asking... I honestly believe if we don't win another game this year the only change is at DC, and we have proven time and time again we can't hire the right guy at DC... So what's exciting about an early draft pick for a GM it seems a lot of you want gone? 

**** this season is depressing...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

What is an actual expectation? Gute, MLF, and Murphy aren't going anywhere... I doubt 12 does as well... So what is really exciting about a tank? I'm legitimately asking... I honestly believe if we don't win another game this year the only change is at DC, and we have proven time and time again we can't hire the right guy at DC... So what's exciting about an early draft pick for a GM it seems a lot of you want gone? 

Will going 3-13 enable us the #1 pick?

Even tho MLF signed an extension it won't save his fanny if we go 3-13.  Just ask Coach Chryst in Madison.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Even tho MLF signed an extension it won't save his fanny if we go 3-13.  Just ask Coach Chryst in Madison.

dude literally had three great seasons... This is not a knee jerk franchise. That is what I am asking. What do some of you actually expect because I see little to no changes in the structure of the franchise and QB1 ... So what can really change things up, or is this more of the same next season? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It would have if the Badgers had finished at #1 or #2 in the conference from 2019-2021

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

dude literally had three great seasons... This is not a knee jerk franchise. That is what I am asking. What do some of you actually expect because I see little to no changes in the structure of the franchise and QB1 ... So what can really change things up, or is this more of the same next season? 

I wonder if there will be changes with assistants?

Just now, Pugger said:

I wonder if there will be changes with assistants?

Maybe Hacket comes back when he is fired? No idea. I think we do have talent, we are just a cluster ****... I just don't see a blow up even though some want it. Football sucks this year lol. 

• Like 1

If we are going to rally towards a playoff spot - even if it means we don't get a home playoff game this year - we have to fire LaFleur and bench Rodgers, no longer allowing the latter to play for us under any circumstances even if a replacement QB gets hurt.

Edited by pf9

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

They better be damn sure that CJ Stroud is a franchise QB, or Gute's gonna have a TON of egg on his face.

Gute? I guess my hope is that he is fired after the season. As for Stroud, he's the best QB prospect I've seen in awhile. I've been touting him on here since last year. He has a cannon, yet with a very compact throwing motion/quick release. Stout frame. Cold weather QB. 

• Like 1

Somehow the packers will end up with another hall of fame quarterback. This I’m sure of! The Vikings will lose in the first round for the millionth time and rinse and repeat. I do realize that the majority of you on here have only ever known a hall of fame quarterback in Green Bay but let me assure you this is unheard of. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Somehow the packers will end up with another hall of fame quarterback. This I’m sure of! The Vikings will lose in the first round for the millionth time and rinse and repeat. I do realize that the majority of you on here have only ever known a hall of fame quarterback in Green Bay but let me assure you this is unheard of. 

It's true.  Jim Del Gaizo was the man!

33 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Best case scenario there? Add some exceptional talent. Gutey did pretty well last time he drafted high in the first 

• Like 1