Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll use this thread to discuss both our draft position and draft prospects, as that's all we have left.

We also get to laugh at Aaron talk about being the underdog a week after he stared down the wide openest tight end.

And we get to watch him fail miserably when he has a choice to not fail if he would just stop neglecting the middle of the field. So that should be fun.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We also get to laugh at Aaron talk about being the underdog a week after he stared down the wide openest tight end.

And we get to watch him fail miserably when he has a choice to not fail if he would just stop neglecting the middle of the field. So that should be fun.

You have an odd definition of fun.

With the Gary and Jones injuries, there's a real chance we go 3-14. Only winnable games I see on the schedule are Bears and Lions. Fields actually looks like he's starting to put it together and the Claypool should be familiar with the offense by then. Willie Anderson and Jalen Carter would look great in Green and Yellow. Hypothetically we're in position to take Stroud or Young and a team offers us a similar package that the niners gave the Dolphins(3 1sts and a 3rd), do we take it? 

18 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

With the Gary and Jones injuries, there's a real chance we go 3-14. Only winnable games I see on the schedule are Bears and Lions. Fields actually looks like he's starting to put it together and the Claypool should be familiar with the offense by then. Willie Anderson and Jalen Carter would look great in Green and Yellow. Hypothetically we're in position to take Stroud or Young and a team offers us a similar package that the niners gave the Dolphins(3 1sts and a 3rd), do we take it? 

Being that this team is the king of "close but no cigar", the moment we're mathematically eliminated from playoff contention we will win every game and end up with the 14th pick.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Somewhere in there was Brockington and Lane at running backs.....John Jefferson never became the complementary receiver to Lofton that the Packers expected and needed, so his stay and influence in GB was short lived...

I think it was the 85 draft?,  the Packers had a pick in the teens, and moved up to #7ish, I thought for sure they were going up for Jerry Rice,  instead they picked Ken Ruettgers.  Rice and Lofton in Green Bay would have been epic.  Ruettgers turned out to be good pick, but I still think about that move and what could have been.

Edited by NFLGURU

22 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They better be damn sure that CJ Stroud is a franchise QB, or Gute's gonna have a TON of egg on his face.

Agree here.  Stroud had Olave and Wilson as his WRs last year.  That's easy pickens. Don't be impressed by QBs surrounded by vast talent.  Those are the guys you have to really put through the grinder to evaluate.  At Ohio St everybody is open, comparably in the NFL, nobody is open.  The transition is tough for Ohio St QBs to the NFL, their history shows it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Somewhere in there was Brockington and Lane at running backs.....John Jefferson never became the complementary receiver to Lofton that the Packers expected and needed, so his stay and influence in GB was short lived...

Brockinton and Lane were early seventies !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I think it was the 85 draft?,  the Packers had a pick in the teens, and moved up to #7ish, I thought for sure they were going up for Jerry Rice,  instead they picked Ken Ruettgers.  Rice and Lofton in Green Bay would have been epic.  Ruettgers turned out to be good pick, but I still think about that move and what could have been.

Of course later on we took Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders....Another great opportunity missed....What's ironic is Mandarich would go on to play later in Indianapolis for the coach (Lindy Infante) who drafted him....

4 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Of course later on we took Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders....Another great opportunity missed....What's ironic is Mandarich would go on to play later in Indianapolis for the coach (Lindy Infante) who drafted him....

I would have picked Deion Sanders personally.

All I want before I die is for a ten year career from a Packers defensive back to reach 60 career interceptions and not turn out to be a rapist.

Also, Sharper would 100% have gone to the Hall of Fame if not for who he is and what he did. And I really hate that was ever a debate. 63 career interceptions, 13 career touchdowns.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

All I want before I die is for a ten year career from a Packers defensive back to reach 60 career interceptions and not turn out to be a rapist.

Also, Sharper would 100% have gone to the Hall of Fame if not for who he is and what he did. And I really hate that was ever a debate. 63 career interceptions, 13 career touchdowns.

Weird, considering we got to watch one of the best DB’s of all time play in GB, win DPOY and a super bowl between 2006-2013.  

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Deion liked the glamor associated with playing in certain cities likened to that of OBJ.....I cannot help but believe he would have bolted from GB the first chance he got.....