Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Do they always have to be major D-bags to be that good too?

This is the NFL. You’re not going to be great if you’re not a massive prick.

Find me an elite player and I’ll find their fault.

You can draft choir boys with talent if you want talent, or you can draft players with faults who take their faults out in the field.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

You can draft choir boys with talent if you want talent, or you can draft players with faults who take their faults out in the field.

I didn't say Prick. I said D-bag. Not the same. In fact, I wish GB had more pricks on the team.

For example, his brother is probably a prick on the field and I like him.

Be as big of a prick as you want, but Travis kelce is objectively a giant D bag and I cannot stand him. 

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Luke Kuechly.  

LeRoy Butler.

Reggie White.

Santana Dotson.

Gilbert Brown.

Stephon Gilmour (or Gilmore, I can't honestly remember)

Aaron Jones.

Jerry Rice.  

I mean, I can make a long list of great players who were also great people.  And you can do vice versa.  I think the key is having some of each on a team.  

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Luke Kuechly.  

LeRoy Butler.

Reggie White.

Santana Dotson.

Gilbert Brown.

Stephon Gilmour (or Gilmore, I can't honestly remember)

Aaron Jones.

Jerry Rice.  

I mean, I can make a long list of great players who were also great people.  And you can do vice versa.  I think the key is having some of each on a team.  

Jerry Rice used stickem.

Aaron Jones violated substance abuse policy.

Stephon Gilmore got himself cut by the Patriots over injury/contract disputes.

Gilbert Brown arrested in domestic violence dispute.

Santana Dotson had a restraining order filed against him and also had a 290,000 suit filed against him.

Reggie White used God as an excuse to get more money.

Butler’s charity is under IRS investigation.

Luke Kuechly was an OBL with physical ability and intelligence. Extrapolate that to a dominant DL in his early years and then account for a team’s desire to make stars out of JAGs and that’s what you had with him. Don’t talk to me about ILB.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jerry Rice used stickem.

Aaron Jones violated substance abuse policy.

Stephon Gilmore got himself cut by the Patriots over injury/contract disputes.

Gilbert Brown arrested in domestic violence dispute.

Santana Dotson had a restraining order filed against him and also had a 290,000 suit filed against him.

Reggie White used God as an excuse to get more money.

Butler’s charity is under IRS investigation.

Luke Kuechly was an OBL with physical ability and intelligence. Extrapolate that to a dominant DL in his early years and then account for a team’s desire to make stars out of JAGs and that’s what you had with him. Don’t talk to me about ILB.

You are reaching on a few of those, lol, but I get what you are saying, totally.

And I agree 100% about ILB.  That's why I think Quay has a chance.  On the field, dude will not back down.  He's gotta be much smarter, but I like the violence that is in his game.

I feel like a defense and even an offense needs tone setters.  That could be a QB like Burrow who is pretty arrogant/cocky, or a physical RB like Lynch or others like him.

And that is why I want JA to keep stepping up and running his mouth.   He plays better that way and I feel that it rubs off on other players...in the right way.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I didn't say Prick. I said D-bag. Not the same. In fact, I wish GB had more pricks on the team.

For example, his brother is probably a prick on the field and I like him.

Be as big of a prick as you want, but Travis kelce is objectively a giant D bag and I cannot stand him. 

The most annoying thing about KC winning is the bull**** "NO ONE RESPECTED US" narrative.

Y'all were the preseason favorite. Shut up.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Striker said:

The most annoying thing about KC winning is the bull**** "NO ONE RESPECTED US" narrative.

Yeah, but Bart Scott said that they wouldn't make the playoffs... and people were excited about Russell Wilson in Denver.  And some people thought the Bills were the best team and the Chiefs were only the second best team.  They are underdogs!

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, but Bart Scott said that they wouldn't make the playoffs... and people were excited about Russell Wilson in Denver.  And some people thought the Bills were the best team and the Chiefs were only the second best team.  They are underdogs!

It all falls under the heading: "People have to say stuff every day......"

On 2/16/2023 at 1:54 PM, Striker said:

This.  Kelce was sooo annoying.  It was almost as bad as the Georgia Bulldogs player talking about how they were only "projected" to win like 6 or 7 games.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 6:53 PM, Arthur Penske said:

@vegas492 can you write up a scathing review of the packers 3rd round recent history before April to reverse the 3rd round hex?

Oh dam, son.  It has to come naturally.  So yeah, I can write a great review...I just fear that the results will be tainted.  But let's see what happens.

45 minutes ago, R T said:

Will not be surprised to see a lot of 1st round buzz with Mazi Smith after the combine, probably is the type that the Packers will fall in love with. Which I don't think is a bad thing. 

Good read on him: https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-player-profiles-michigan-dl-mazi-smith/

#1 player on Bruce Feldman's Freak list. I suspect you're correct about GBs interest.

AND as a bonus for @Outpost31, he has a recent gun charge. Prick.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, R T said:

Will not be surprised to see a lot of 1st round buzz with Mazi Smith after the combine, probably is the type that the Packers will fall in love with. Which I don't think is a bad thing. 

Been following him a bit.  He definitely has the athletic upside.  Haven't found film that I've been impressed with yet but I still need to watch more.