Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Been following him a bit.  He definitely has the athletic upside.  Haven't found film that I've been impressed with yet but I still need to watch more.

Every snap he seems to hesitate, don't know if that can be coached out of him at the next level or not. Part of always 2 gapping? Need to watch more also. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 1:28 PM, Outpost31 said:

Graham had 5 total touchdowns in two seasons with Rodgers. He had 8 touchdowns in his first season in Chicago. I believe that was Trubisky throwing him the football.

Jared Cook had 30 receptions and 1 touchdown with Rodgers. 12.6 yards per reception. He didn’t have below 37 catches or under 12.7 yards per reception the rest of his career.

Robert Tonyan was 14th this year among tight end receptions.

You don’t know the state of tight ends in today’s NFL. You think Tonyan sucks when in reality he’s a top 10 receiving tight end in the league who was coming back from an injury.

It is no coincidence that Tonyan scored 11 TDs in a year where Rodgers appeared to at least be mostly running the offense (2020) (the TE leak was always freaking open) and has done a disappearing act since Rodgers appeared to almost entirely refused to run the LaFleur offense (2022)

EDIT: Injury aside! Please dear god no one mention the injury, which is an obvious point that shouldn't need addressing 

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Good read on him: https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-player-profiles-michigan-dl-mazi-smith/

#1 player on Bruce Feldman's Freak list. I suspect you're correct about GBs interest.

AND as a bonus for @Outpost31, he has a recent gun charge. Prick.

Screw this guy, give me Siaka Ika from Baylor. He can push the pocket and doesn't get moved. Think Vita Vea. I want him not this guy. 

55 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Screw this guy, give me Siaka Ika from Baylor. He can push the pocket and doesn't get moved. Think Vita Vea. I want him not this guy. 

I like Ika.  He needs some polish but if he takes to coaching and can drop about 10 lbs and gain some stamina he'll be a damn good nose.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Smith is just as good a prospect, pretty much a text book run defender. No reason to discredit one, Ika gets moved plenty, no player wins 100% of reps.

• Like 1

Tonight I started looking at edge players. I used TDN's big board for the values, of course this is all subject to change.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/big-board/tdn100-2/

-We aren't getting Will Anderson Jr, unless someone gives him Laremy Tunsil's gas mask. 

-My second favorite edge is Keion White from Georgia Tech.  He is fast and from the highlights, I saw pretty good in space and coverage as well. 

-BJ Ojulari from LSU rushes from a standing position, which is a plus.  But he looks smaller than Quay Walker.  The same can be said of Georgia's Nolan Smith.  I don't think either of them are big enough for the defense we have been running.  I kind of feel that they would be eaten alive by NFL tackles if they were primary rushers, and that teams would run right at them too.

-Speaking of different fits, I liked what I saw from: Lucas Wilson, Myles Murphey, Lukas Van Ness, Derick Hall, and Felix Anudike-Uzomah, but I think they all fit the traditional 43 end more than a stand up 34 rusher.  A lot of these guys were winning primarily with strength, but there was some very good closing speed.  Just from the highlights, I do wonder if any of these guys could drop into coverage, even the little bit that we have our guys do it.

-They had Zach Harrison ranked 77th overall.  I would not mind him with the Packers third round pick.  A lot of upside on him, and he can move very well.

Will still get a better idea when workout numbers come out, and we can find some saint to edit full games for given players.  But that is what I got from the highlights.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

A WR trio of Watson, Doubs and Zay Flowers gets me bricked up. If Love really is taking over the reigns, I think having a quick slot guy with insane YAC ability would be great. Flowers is WR1 for me in this draft, he reminds me of Antonio Brown minus all the CTE.

And so it begins. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, R T said:

Will not be surprised to see a lot of 1st round buzz with Mazi Smith after the combine, probably is the type that the Packers will fall in love with. Which I don't think is a bad thing. 

I wanted to put him in my mock I just did as a 2nd rounder but didn't for this reason...I don't think he'll be there, especially at 45. Absent a trade back, I think 15 would be too rich for him, but we know how Gute feels about big guys who can move. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I wanted to put him in my mock I just did as a 2nd rounder but didn't for this reason...I don't think he'll be there, especially at 45. Absent a trade back, I think 15 would be too rich for him, but we know how Gute feels about big guys who can move. 

Expanding upon this, what can Badger fans tell me about Keeanu Benton? Been hearing good things about him recently and he seems like a 2nd-3rd round IDL that would fit. 

Edited by packfanfb