Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

On 11/6/2022 at 7:00 PM, joeybrowner47 said:

Somehow the packers will end up with another hall of fame quarterback. This I’m sure of! The Vikings will lose in the first round for the millionth time and rinse and repeat. I do realize that the majority of you on here have only ever known a hall of fame quarterback in Green Bay but let me assure you this is unheard of. 

First off, always liked your posts.

Secondly...true statements above....except.....except....most of us are old and remember back to Lynn Dickey if not farther back.  I was young, but I remember my father despising Rich Campbell.

We know how fortunate we've been.  And yes, we expect our next QB to be yet another Hall of Fame Quarterback.  For me, at least, I am an Entitled Town Fan.

I can't root for your team, you know that.  But...when the playoffs roll around and GB isn't playing, I will watch the Vikes games and I do hope you do well and put past history behind you.  

• Like 1

I didn't say on this board, but many, many years ago I said that a year like this is a godsend for a team like the Packers.

We have young talent.  Very few are great, but you cannot argue against JA and Gary.  Many are good.  And many have ceilings yet to be achieved.

We do have competent veterans.

What we need is another crop of higher drafted young talent to push the roster for the next 3-4 years.  

Say what you want about AJ Hawk is 2006, but that draft class set us up for success.  We needed an ILB and Hawk was there.  He was quite good as a rookie.  

But that class got us Hawk, College, Jennings , Spitz and Jolly.  Point being...when you draft high in the round, you have access to better players.

And we need that....for the future.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I want us to move up or down in the draft in order to land the best available safety.

Who might that be?

Antonio Johnson per most ranking sites.

However, no one is currently projecting a first round safety, so you could probably hold til the second. Especially if you're picking in the top half of the draft.

• Like 1

Also, this week's games of interest for tanking:

Carolina vs. ATL - a potentially winnable game for the Carolina trainwreck
Lions @ Bears - I doubt the Lions win with the way the Bears have been playing, but a Bears win is good too
Browns @ Dolphins - I doubt the Browns win, but any extra wins help prevent Houston from getting two top 10 picks.
Broncos @ Titans - The Broncos can't possibly keep losing some of these games, right (helps prevent Seattle from picking ahead of us)
Texans @ Giants - There's little chance we catch the Texans for their own draft pick
Saints @ Steelers - Another win/win game since we need to jump both teams. Probably want the Saints to win, since they have a slightly rougher schedule than the Steelers do going forward
Cardinals @ Rams - I think we want the Cardinals here, since the Rams are probably capable of winning more of their remaining games and can also pick up a H2H win over the Packers.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:52 AM, Striker said:

Lions @ Bears - I doubt the Lions win with the way the Bears have been playing, but a Bears win is good too
Browns @ Dolphins - I doubt the Browns win, but any extra wins help prevent Houston from getting two top 10 picks.
Broncos @ Titans - The Broncos can't possibly keep losing some of these games, right (helps prevent Seattle from picking ahead of us)
Texans @ Giants - There's little chance we catch the Texans for their own draft pick
Saints @ Steelers - Another win/win game since we need to jump both teams. Probably want the Saints to win, since they have a slightly rougher schedule than the Steelers do going forward
Cardinals @ Rams - I think we want the Cardinals here, since the Rams are probably capable of winning more of their remaining games and can also pick up a H2H win over the Packers.

Wow, a lot of crap on crap this week

Could cut half the field

On 11/10/2022 at 11:52 AM, Striker said:

Beat me to it.

I have a hard time believing that Detroit is gonna win 2 more games than the Packers are.  Bears still have an additional game against Detroit.  They might get Minnesota resting their starters in Week 17, so Chicago looks like a 6 win team tops.  Detroit still has the second game against Chicago plus Jacksonville and Carolina.  If you're angling for picks, I think you're rooting for Chicago here.

Cleveland will get some wins once Watson is back, so I'm not overly concerned with their record.

At some point, Denver has to figure it out.  And they've also got games against Carolina and Arizona as winnable games.

Texans suck.

I don't see the Packers out tanking the Steelers, so I think we're rooting for the Saints in this one.

On 11/10/2022 at 9:52 AM, Striker said:

The Packers won't tank games.  They might tank them indirectly by playing  backups.  If Love starts games,  the indirect tank is on.  They can see him and indirectly tank games at the same time.

A prospect I've been watching and really like is EDGE MYLES MURPHY, CLEMSON. Has it all. Really quick, balanced, smooth, slippery, and surprisingly stout against run.  I think he will end up going Top 5. So Packers probably will be out of the running unless they lose the rest of their games. But check him out.

Edited by DWhitehurst

I've got more faith in the Bears finishing with a better record than us than I do the Lions, so really gotta root for the Bears here.

Pittsburgh should start winning some games with Watt now, so hopefully they hold on.

Would prefer the Browns get at least one more win before Watson comes back.

Almost want the Colts to win against the Raiders just so they stay ahead of us.