Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'm officially in the trade the QB room and acquire Anthony Richardson wagon.

Really, he should be the #1 overall pick. Any team that passes on him is gonna regret it.

I think he winds up being closer to JaMarcus Russell than a franchise QB. The kid from Alabama knows how to play and, IMO will wind up being the best pro in this class. None are that great. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think he winds up being closer to JaMarcus Russell than a franchise QB. The kid from Alabama knows how to play and, IMO will wind up being the best pro in this class. None are that great. 

While I haven't watched a ton of Richardson tape, I kinda feel the exact same way about the comparison to Russell.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm officially in the trade the QB room and acquire Anthony Richardson wagon.

Really, he should be the #1 overall pick. Any team that passes on him is gonna regret it.

lol, I was just arguing about this with a buddy 5 minutes ago.

IDK if I'll go as far as he should go #1, and he easily could end up being crap. But he could be insane too. Who knows...

He think he will go around 15, I think that's nuts. Basically said he's Jordan Love....lol nah.

1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I think the right situation is going to be important for Richardson.  He needs a good QB coach that can help him work on his processing and tweak his mechanics so he can consistently throw with accuracy.  From what I hear he has the work ethic and desire, so if he can mate up his physical tools with and solid processing and mechanics he should do really well.  Sitting for a year would probably be best for him, but he'll probably end up with a team where he sees time in year one.

I was thinking he's gonna be what the Niners wanted Lance to be. He can get some sporadic, special package snaps as a rookie to get him some game speed exposure, but otherwise absolutely work him in slowly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol, I was just arguing about this with a buddy 5 minutes ago.

IDK if I'll go as far as he should go #1, and he easily could end up being crap. But he could be insane too. Who knows...

He think he will go around 15, I think that's nuts. Basically said he's Jordan Love....lol nah.

I think he's gone by pick 4 for sure.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Jamarcus Russell comp is a personality comp. That's why he busted. What makes you say Richardson and Russell have similar personalities?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If I had a top pick this year, I'd trade it down and get a 2024 1st, and tank it for Caleb Williams. The #1 pick next year is going to be insanely valuable. That's a Mahomes type QB talent there IMO.

The QBs this year are OK. 12 starts and a 53% completion rate, the numbers are stacked very against Richardson. Super tools, same with Levis, but highly flawed.

Levis is scared of milk.

https://dailysnark.com/2023/03/04/nfl-teams-concerned-with-top-qb-prospect-will-levis-deathly-fear-of-milk-that-impedes-daily-tasks/

I can't tell if Outpost would hate this guy or want to take him #1

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tperk said:

While I haven't watched a ton of Richardson tape, I kinda feel the exact same way about the comparison to Russell.

He's not a fat stupid slob who hates football and has zero work ethic. He's just raw af.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jamarcus Russell comp is a personality comp. That's why he busted. What makes you say Richardson and Russell have similar personalities?

Boom or bust. Both had ridiculously strong arms. Neither processed things on the field all that well, which is why Richardson is making so many ridiculous off platform throws. Ridiculous as in, few people in the world are capable of those throws. 

The laziness of Russell is certainly where the comparison falls apart. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Levis is scared of milk.

https://dailysnark.com/2023/03/04/nfl-teams-concerned-with-top-qb-prospect-will-levis-deathly-fear-of-milk-that-impedes-daily-tasks/

I can't tell if Outpost would hate this guy or want to take him #1

That’s a dealbreaker for a WI quarterback. I saw the first glimpses of how out of touch Aaron was when he started telling people he had cut out all dairy from his diet several years back. It’s fine if you do that but if you’re the quarterback for the Cheeseheads, you stfu about it  

This guy takes it to another level with an actual phobia of milk. If I were a pass rusher, I’d step on the field with a strong Got Milk? stache and stare this mayo in his coffee freak down every snap.

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1