Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

The Bears aren't trading Fields.  They'll get more for the pick than the player, and trading Fields alienates your own fans in the near term.

The sense in which they're open to trading Fields is "in case a team offers more value in return for Justin Fields than they would the #1 overall pick" which isn't going to happen.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

The Bears aren't trading Fields.  They'll get more for the pick than the player, and trading Fields alienates your own fans in the near term.

Bears fans wouldn't blink an eye exchanging Justin Fields loyalty for Anthony Richardson loyalty.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Not especially impressed with this WR group.

I thought a number of the first group looked really solid.   I hadn't seen Iosivas before until others on this board brought his name up and included in mocks as well.  Thought he looked great today.  Good find.

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Bears fans wouldn't blink an eye exchanging Justin Fields loyalty for Anthony Richardson loyalty.

Obviously you're much higher on Richardson than I am. I see a best case scenario of a poor man's Cam. I'm guessing you see it more as a uber athletic Josh Allen?

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Obviously you're much higher on Richardson than I am. I see a best case scenario of a poor man's Cam. I'm guessing you see it more as a uber athletic Josh Allen?

You could replace Richardson with Young or Stroud or Levis in that sentence. My point was more that Fields hasn't done anything to warrant more loyalty than the next potential franchise QB to root for. 

I think Richardson has elite physical tools and the reports out of the combine are that he's crushing the interviews, so I'm inclined to "bet on the guy" with him right now.