How did the most admired organization in sports become the laughing stock?

chefj85

When did it happen? Today makes it official, but when did it start?

I think the point of origin was the trade for Love. That caused a deep rift that never really healed. Now its like an infected wound that calls for amputating a leg.

Obviously, Rodgers needs to retire now. There is simply no other path forward for this organization.

What else needs to happen? How can Gute be retained after this debacle? He created this mess. Realistically, Rodgers probably should have been traded. Now were in a mess you cant clean up. Just burn it down and start over. There is no foundation to build on.

Is there any reason to keep Lafleur? Is there any reason to keep anyone?

I say trade any players of value and stock pile picks. Cut anyone that is overpaid and untradable- like Bakh. You cant pay him what hes due to not play. 

What about Murphy? Does he need to go, too?

This franchise is a disaster from top to bottom right now. Who do you get to fix it?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We are being just a touch dramatic on this one. 

But also it was 2018 when we fired a good coach rather than moving a malcontent player. 

It was two years before that.

We doubled down on Rodgers not once, not twice, but three times when he continued to prove he was being a PAB about who he threw to.

This last one was the most egregious, and I can’t even fault Rodgers. Rodgers showed the same thing twice before.

This is all on Gute.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It was two years before that.

We doubled down on Rodgers not once, not twice, but three times when he continued to prove he was being a PAB about who he threw to.

This last one was the most egregious, and I can’t even fault Rodgers. Rodgers showed the same thing twice before.

This is all on Gute.

Except how can you fault Rodgers? He took a trash team to the NGCCG in 2016. He carries this team for a long time and the FO and coaches couldnt get him the couple things he needed. His frustration grew toxic, yes. But Im on Rodgers side at the point of origin. If we werent an inept organization, Rodgers wins at least 2 more superbowls.

The point where it happened is when the front office decided that the QB sells tickets and winning SBs doesn’t matter.   It happened with Favre too.   Bite!   BITE and take…. THE HOOK!  

In the late 80s, while season tickets were  “sold out” for 35 years, the stands became less than full.    And, boxes were hard to sell.    They noticed.    SO….  They brought in Bob Harlan who made changes.     Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren… 

That is where we are at.  

Bite?   I’m done biting with this QB blaming everyone else after he spent two years bad-mouthing GB.   But I’m sure we’ll blame the coach, he’ll move on to New England and win multiple SB there.   

PLAY LOVE and cut your losses…. 

• Like 1

How did it get to this?

Honestly I think the biggest blame needs to be thrown our drunk on power micromanaging buffoon of a CEO Mark Murphy.  He hired these clowns including Gute in the front office, and he also changed our power structure to protect guys like LaFleur, Pettine and now Barry.  And if we're going to point the finger at anyone for Rodgers's current, contract, he should own that too.  He is no Bob Harlan and he's caused much of this trainwreck.

Kick Mark Murphy outta here, and then fire everyone in the front office and coaching staff and get a no nonsense CEO in here who knows what they're doing.  Mark Murphy is as bad as Jerry Jones and Al Davis on steroids.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

How did it get to this?

Honestly I think the biggest blame needs to be thrown our drunk on power micromanaging buffoon of a CEO Mark Murphy.  He hired these clowns including Gute in the front office, and he also changed our power structure to protect guys like LaFleur, Pettine and now Barry.  And if we're going to point the finger at anyone for Rodgers's current, contract, he should own that too.  He is no Bob Harlan and he's caused much of this trainwreck.

Kick Mark Murphy outta here, and then fire everyone in the front office and coaching staff and get a no nonsense CEO in here who knows what they're doing.  Mark Murphy is as bad as Jerry Jones and Al Davis on steroids.

I agree with the getting Mark Murphy outta here. 

20 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

Except how can you fault Rodgers? He took a trash team to the NGCCG in 2016. He carries this team for a long time and the FO and coaches couldnt get him the couple things he needed. His frustration grew toxic, yes. But Im on Rodgers side at the point of origin. If we werent an inept organization, Rodgers wins at least 2 more superbowls.

You came in here, asked a question you clearly know nothing about and then decide your opinion is more informed than the people who thoughtfully replied and who understand the situation. Why?

You need to realize that's the truth. The organization made the mistake of keeping Rodgers and including him in the front office conversation.

That's why we suck. We're paying an outrageous contract to a below average QB who thinks he's a LOT better than he is.

There's nothing more or less to it. Front office screwed up by allowing it to happen. They should have known better since many of them were around during the Favre end, too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers playing with garbage WRs and delusional people thinking Love would change that.  Beyond stupid.

The truly stupid people are those who don't understand how different the roster outside the QB would be if Love was our starting QB and make posts like the one above.

• Like 1