How did the most admired organization in sports become the laughing stock?

chefj85

24 minutes ago, Starchisaga said:

The point where it happened is when the front office decided that the QB sells tickets and winning SBs doesn’t matter.   It happened with Favre too.   Bite!   BITE and take…. THE HOOK!  

In the late 80s, while season tickets were  “sold out” for 35 years, the stands became less than full.    And, boxes were hard to sell.    They noticed.    SO….  They brought in Bob Harlan who made changes.     Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren… 

That is where we are at.  

Bite?   I’m done biting with this QB blaming everyone else after he spent two years bad-mouthing GB.   But I’m sure we’ll blame the coach, he’ll move on to New England and win multiple SB there.   

PLAY LOVE and cut your losses…. 

This.

Many fans this time around knew it'd be a bad decision to placate Rodgers. Unfortunately the lure was too strong and our FO leaders were too weak this time.

Makes ya miss the stoicism of TT.

27 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

Except how can you fault Rodgers? He took a trash team to the NGCCG in 2016. He carries this team for a long time and the FO and coaches couldnt get him the couple things he needed. His frustration grew toxic, yes. But Im on Rodgers side at the point of origin. If we werent an inept organization, Rodgers wins at least 2 more superbowls.

There's no way you watched today's game and somehow blamed anyone but Rodgers. You clearly dont watch the Packers. at least not this year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

There's no way you watched today's game and somehow blamed anyone but Rodgers. You clearly dont watch the Packers. at least not this year. 

I wasnt able to watch todays game at all. This isnt just about today bud. Maybe think big picture a little more and work on your reading comprehension.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

Except how can you fault Rodgers? He took a trash team to the NGCCG in 2016. He carries this team for a long time and the FO and coaches couldnt get him the couple things he needed. His frustration grew toxic, yes. But Im on Rodgers side at the point of origin. If we werent an inept organization, Rodgers wins at least 2 more superbowls.

Yikes.  The conviction of the ARDS has no bounds.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chefj85 said:

I wasnt able to watch todays game at all. This isnt just about today bud. Maybe think big picture a little more and work on your reading comprehension.

The 2014 game versus the Seahawks NFCCG was Rodgers fault. 
Last years game versus the 49ers was Rodgers fault.

Then you didn't even watch today's game and had the nerve to make THIS type of post defending Rodgers?  AFTER possibly his worst game ever ?
People are waking up and seeing maybe its not the team anymore... You Rodgers Defenders are unbelievable.

• Like 1

Just now, GHARMON9 said:

The 2014 game versus the Seahawks NFCCG was Rodgers fault. 
Last years game versus the 49ers was Rodgers fault.

Then you didn't even watch today's game and had the nerve to make THIS type of post defending Rodgers?  AFTER possibly his worst game ever ?
People are waking up and seeing maybe its not the team anymore... You Rodgers Defenders are unbelievable.

Dude, I never defended rodgers performance today. Seriously, go back to 3rd grade and learn how to read mr “hookt on fonix workt fer me.”

2 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

Ok. Maybe try making a rational argument in response to what is actually being discussed in context of 2016. 

Go ahead and make the case. Or just talk ****.

But this isn't a discussion.  It's essentially clickbait with an outrageous comment being made in the hopes that someone will pay attention. 

To answer your initial post, GB was never the most admired organization in sports, and today they are not a laughingstock.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We are being just a touch dramatic on this one. 

But also it was 2018 when we fired a good coach rather than moving a malcontent player. 

Happened a year or two earlier than that when Murphy knew Thompson mentally was just not all there anymore, but allowed it to go on 2 or 3 years longer than it should have.  Thompson's last 2 or 3 drafts were not very good overall.  Murphy out of respect for Thompson allowed him to stay, but the right business decision would have been to encourage Thompson to step aside early and get a new GM in there.  But he didn't.  Then Murphy fires McCarthy and comes out and announces "we are going to extend Aaron Rodgers".  When you start playing with fire, be careful you can get burned.  This whole thing stinks right from the top.  I wonder who he is going to blame this time?