How did the most admired organization in sports become the laughing stock?

chefj85

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

It seems crazy after today but I also believe this. But no, EVERYTHING on our team is somehow broken and blow it up etc etc. Just a lot of unlucky **** going around with some actual issues that are hard to overcome with that stuff happening.

Mediocre teams like the Jets, Giants, Seahawks should show anyone it's about gelling as a team and executing at key moments. We're far more talented. Plenty of talent on this roster, we just need to run a system on offense, instead of whatever what we have now is. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Mediocre teams like the Jets, Giants, Seahawks should show anyone it's about gelling as a team and executing at key moments. We're far more talented. Plenty of talent on this roster, we just need to run a system on offense, instead of whatever what we have now is. 

I think the "gelling as a team" part is probably the most overlooked piece of what has gone wrong in GB this season.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're far from the laughing stock of anything. We're just a talented team not executing with the added bonus of the ball never bouncing our way.

Plenty of young talent on this roster, next year's 1st has to be an impact player.

I don't think our talent levels are as high as people think.  Now, all those injuries we've had may be amplifying the problems to be a bit greater than they are.  But this team, particularly on offense seems to be mostly a hobnob of average to below average players mixed in with Jones and Tonyan.

But on top of that, if this team is mucking things up this bad and they have all this supposed talent, that's a huge indictment on how badly coached they are.  And right now, I'd say that means extremely poorly coached.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chefj85 said:

When did it happen? Today makes it official, but when did it start?

I think the point of origin was the trade for Love. That caused a deep rift that never really healed. Now its like an infected wound that calls for amputating a leg.

Obviously, Rodgers needs to retire now. There is simply no other path forward for this organization.

What else needs to happen? How can Gute be retained after this debacle? He created this mess. Realistically, Rodgers probably should have been traded. Now were in a mess you cant clean up. Just burn it down and start over. There is no foundation to build on.

Is there any reason to keep Lafleur? Is there any reason to keep anyone?

I say trade any players of value and stock pile picks. Cut anyone that is overpaid and untradable- like Bakh. You cant pay him what hes due to not play. 

What about Murphy? Does he need to go, too?

This franchise is a disaster from top to bottom right now. Who do you get to fix it?

Laughing stock?  Seriously?  Did you expect our success for the last 30 years since Favre and Co. to go on forever??  You must be a kid who only knows the Packers winning.  IMO how management responds to this challenge of getting us back on track will be a bigger obstacle than what is going on on Sundays right now.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol

Glad to have your opinion then.

So one game defines the entire mess this franchise is in? Really? 

My post wasnt even in specific reference to todays game, so I really dont understand why me not seeing the game today is even the slightest bit relevant.

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not really. Inconsequential bounces. The INT helmet bounce was far more consequential.

Wasn't that 4th down?  The int is irrelevant when it gets turned over on downs anyway.

GB was winning 1 score games at a high rate the last 3 years.  That tends to balance out over time.

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

GB runs 2 offensive systems.... MLF version and Rodgers version.  Makes it more complicated for new players and leads to mental errors.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think the "gelling as a team" part is probably the most overlooked piece of what has gone wrong in GB this season.

You think OTAs and preseason games might be helpful with that?  Starting a similar OL vs rotating players weekly or every other series?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

The truly stupid people are those who don't understand how different the roster outside the QB would be if Love was our starting QB and make posts like the one above.

Love isn't the starting QB, back to reality for you.

22 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Love isn't the starting QB, back to reality for you.

I certainly have concerns over whether or not he will be, but it looks like we'll find out later this year for sure.  Which will be a good thing.  When your 5-12, you should pick in the top 10 someplace and if not Love, someone else.  And if some of the 8 players we lost today are out for the next 3-4 weeks, we may even end up 4-13.  Right now, I would even dare to say the Bears could beat us.

• Like 1