Where Do We Go From Here?

Billy86

15 hours ago, pf9 said:

I hope losing to the last-place Lions will be enough to end the tenures of both Rodgers and LaFleur in Green Bay.

Good idea if your plan is to become another dysfunctional franchise in the NFC Central....Isn't Chicago and Detroit enough?...I said years ago AR was a headcase, but many overlooked this because of his talent....His alienating stare wasn't endearing him with his teammates...Now he's having tantrums on the sidelines, which is further embarrassing himself and the organization.....I believe LaFleur is capable of bending, but Rodgers is beyond repair.....

The Rodgers retirement payout isn't actually that big a deal.

We don't sign mega free agents and our premier players will be draft picks on rookie deals for the first couple years anyway.

I'm more pissed at the people who did it.

Gute protects himself or harms his replacement. Another GM will have no money to work with and no franchise QB to work with, and Aaron Rodgers literally walks away with at least 40 million dollars for nothing.

They should both be fired on principle.

• Like 1

Let me just remind everyone that in 2008 we had a trainwreck of a season, in 2009 we went back to the playoffs and in 2010 we won the SB. 2018 was a trainwreck and we followed that up with three consecutive 13 win seasons.

This season will be a big spoon full of medicine for sure. Not going to be an enjoyable two months, but it doesn't mean the team is going to stay down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Let me just remind everyone that in 2008 we had a trainwreck of a season, in 2009 we went back to the playoffs and in 2010 we won the SB. 2018 was a trainwreck and we followed that up with three consecutive 13 win seasons.

This season will be a big spoon full of medicine for sure. Not going to be an enjoyable two months, but it doesn't mean the team is going to stay down.

Pretty big QB change occurred first.

We had our trainwreck seasons already with Rodgers. 2 in a row. 2017 and 2018. We missed the rebound.

The first and best thing for this team is to make sure Rodgers isn't on it.

Whatever the cost.

He's not winning another one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Glass half full way of looking at it. If we trade Rodgers, since we incur such a large dead cap hit, it increases his trade value. Maybe we can still pull a decent sized package consisting of at least 1 1st out of it.

You'd have to think there would be a few teams out there willing to make a move for Rodgers.  

• Like 1

The dead cap dollars are just a 1 year problem though. You cut/tradea a couple of overpriced players like bakh and youll get through the year of a ****ed cap. If Love can be the guy(which i doubt), then you dont have to worry about qb so its not that bad of a rebuild.

the dead cap means little. A rebuild is inevitable, and that usually means a cut and gut regardless. Theyve been pushing money out for a while to keep this squad together. They knew this had to happen eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chefj85 said:

The dead cap dollars are just a 1 year problem though. You cut/tradea a couple of overpriced players like bakh and youll get through the year of a ****ed cap. If Love can be the guy(which i doubt), then you dont have to worry about qb so its not that bad of a rebuild.

the dead cap means little. A rebuild is inevitable, and that usually means a cut and gut regardless. Theyve been pushing money out for a while to keep this squad together. They knew this had to happen eventually.

I still think the Packers brass might try to keep it together until Murphy is forced to step down at 70.  I just don't see this group as having much of a stomach for change.

My dream scenario

Trade Rodgers to the Colts(or similar team) for a 1st, 2nd(that turns into a conditional 1st) and 4th

Cut Bakh 

Cut Jones 

Full roster re-set. Roll with Love in 2023. We'll have 1 year to find out if he's the QB of that future. If not roll with a QB from the 2024 class and have cap space to put a great team around him.