MLB Free Agency 22/23

BullsandBroncos

48 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What was the the issue between click and Houston

Nothing official has been reported. Houston offered him a 1 year deal. He declined. They terminated him (and the assistant gm) saying he went outside the org with his grievances.

There were reports that Click and Baker clashed over deadline moves. Apparently ownership got involved when Click wanted to trade for Contreras, but Baker didnt.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’d love to see the Orioles end up with one of the big four shortstops and Verlander, but chances are we end up with one of the tier two starters and making a trade for a second starter.  Not sure which SS we end up with, but my money would be on Correa or Turner.  

Gonna be alot of teams with alot more money then Baltimore in on both SS.. Turner would be nasty in that lineup 

22 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Gonna be alot of teams with alot more money then Baltimore in on both SS.. Turner would be nasty in that lineup 

Depends on what you believe.  Peter had the payroll up to $160-ish million.  They have no financial commitments beyond a couple arbitration deals.  They can go in on a short-term deal for Verlander or take a step down for Bassitt, pay Turner and still get some other deals done.  

Turner, Mullins and Mateo would be next level speed, something we haven’t seen in a long time. 

15 hours ago, Slateman said:

Nothing official has been reported. Houston offered him a 1 year deal. He declined. They terminated him (and the assistant gm) saying he went outside the org with his grievances.

There were reports that Click and Baker clashed over deadline moves. Apparently ownership got involved when Click wanted to trade for Contreras, but Baker didnt.

Crane is also Dan Snyder-esque  in how involved he wants to be 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think so. Swanson is a borderline elite reliever with multiple years of team control and Macko is a potential premium prospect when healthy.

After what I’ve seen with how the Rays, Dodgers and Orioles have grown elite relievers almost overnight, giving up an outfielder in his prime who has a career .819 OPS for a reliever and a prospect with injury concerns is a light return.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

After what I’ve seen with how the Rays, Dodgers and Orioles have grown elite relievers almost overnight, giving up an outfielder in his prime who has a career .819 OPS for a reliever and a prospect with injury concerns is a light return.  

Not when that OF has 1 year of control left. Always have to take contract situation into account. And for every Rays, Dodgers and Orioles, there are a dozen or so teams that can't piece together a bullpen to save their lives. 

Edited by beekay414