MLB Free Agency 22/23

BullsandBroncos

21 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Tyler Anderson leaving the Dodgers. They saying this can open up the door for Verlander. 

Feels like Correa and the Dodgers will finally happen this year. Would be shocked if it didn’t 

I hope Correa and Verlander go to the Dodgers. It will be awesome

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bellinger non-tendered by the Dodgers, definitely seems like they have a plan for that cash.  Will also be interesting to see who takes the flier on Bellinger. 

Or they're not interested in spending money to spend money?  Since his 7.7 WAR season, he's had a combined 2.1 WAR over the last 295 games.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Or they're not interested in spending money to spend money?  Since his 7.7 WAR season, he's had a combined 2.1 WAR over the last 295 games.

Right, but they were one of the few teams who could’ve afforded him at that cost to see if they could do anything with him.  Also, with it being a one year deal, it wouldn’t affect them spending long-term on someone. 

By them releasing him, that’s a big strike against him.  They are intimately familiar with his data, as well as his medical information.  I’d trust very few teams to think there is something else there that the Dodgers are missing.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Right, but they were one of the few teams who could’ve afforded him at that cost to see if they could do anything with him.  Also, with it being a one year deal, it wouldn’t affect them spending long-term on someone. 

By them releasing him, that’s a big strike against him.  They are intimately familiar with his data, as well as his medical information.  I’d trust very few teams to think there is something else there that the Dodgers are missing.  

I mean, if you think you can sign him for less money than you were going to then it makes sense to non-tender him.