MLB Free Agency 22/23

BullsandBroncos

Cubs make a couple signings

Cody Bellinger - 1/$17.5 - I like this one.  Easy to forget he was the NL MVP only 3 years ago.  Only a 1 year deal if he is still garbage.

Jameson Taillon - 4/$68 - I mean, what's NOT to like about giving a 4 year deal to a pitcher with a horrendous history of arm injuries?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Cubs make a couple signings

Cody Bellinger - 1/$17.5 - I like this one.  Easy to forget he was the NL MVP only 3 years ago.  Only a 1 year deal if he is still garbage.

Jameson Taillon - 4/$68 - I mean, what's NOT to like about giving a 4 year deal to a pitcher with a horrendous history of arm injuries?

Jamo was solid and durable for the Yanks the last couple of years. Hopefully he keeps it up. Guy has been through hell he deserves it

57 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Please sign him to a big contract so the Cubs don't.  He's gonna be paid like a 6 Win player and he'll go back to being a 3 Win player immediately.  

I don't think Correa will Get what people think. I think he will get something with opt outs because he wasn't that great this past year and a lot of teams don't seem to actually like him.

we just don't have a capable short stop on the roster 

Tigers should get back into the Correa market.  We were somewhat interested last year and it would be nice to move Baez over to 2B and bring Correa in.  I am guessing we won't spend like that, especially with half of our rotation likely out all or most of the year already but we need to make some changes more than signing Matt Boyd back and trading Jimenez for prospects.