Week 10: VIKINGS (7-1) at Bills (6-2)

swede700

Josh Allen is likely to be limited in the days leading up to Buffalo's Week 10 game against Minnesota, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. As of now, it's considered a situation to monitor rather than one that would keep him out of the contest versus the Vikings, per Rapoport, although Allen will undergo additional tests to be sure.

The quarterback struggled mightily in Buffalo's 20-17 defeat in East Rutherford, N.J., going without a touchdown pass while throwing two interceptions against the Jets. Allen did score twice on the ground, but in the final moments of the Week 9 loss, he suffered the elbow injury that caused discomfort as he was attempting to lead the Bills to a comeback win.

Allen said afterward he would be fine, and Buffalo didn't seem too concerned about the ailment. Monday's news increases the concern, but not by a massive amount -- at least not yet.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-qb-josh-allen-expected-to-be-limited-this-week-due-to-elbow-injury

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viking said:

I think injuries and now Rodgers contract has caught up with them.

Last season they had the best QB-WR connection, best tackle duo, Rashan Gary, Z Smith, Kenny Clark and a top 3 secondary.

Totally stacked team

Which is why I said their starters are pretty good...but their roster top-to-bottom isn't a top-15 roster as far as I'm concerned.  It's been exposed when they do have injuries...kinda like what the Vikings have had, especially in 2020.    

Edited by swede700

15 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That was their first game against Hurts.  The next time I expect will be much better. 

I don’t think MN will be able to stop Allen and Diggs and co. They are just too good. Doesn’t mean we can’t win. However, we can’t go two full quarters without scoring. Only hope is to keep pace and score 30+ which we’ve only done once this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t think MN will be able to stop Allen and Diggs and co. They are just too good. Doesn’t mean we can’t win. However, we can’t go two full quarters without scoring. Only hope is to keep pace and score 30+ which we’ve only done once this year.

They haven't allowed more than 26 in a game, despite playing some explosive offenses. They give up a lot of yards, and it's ugly, but it's been effective. 

Allen's injury history:

Sep 12, 2015 Non-NFL Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen broke his right clavicle in 7 different places in his 1st career start at Wyoming.
Nov 11, 2017 Non-NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Allen missed the final 2 regular-season games with a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder. He was able to return for the bowl game.
Oct 28, 2011 Non-NFL Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen missed 4 games of his sophomore season of high school with a broken right collarbone.
Oct 14, 2018 NFL Arm Elbow Sprain Allen missed 4 games with a right elbow injury. Specifically, the injury was to his UCL.
Sep 29, 2019 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Allen left his team's Week 4 game against the New England Patriots in the fourth quarter with a head injury. He was available for the next game
Dec 12, 2021 NFL Pedal Toe Turf Toe

Allen suffered a turf toe injury in Week 14's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Power rankings out today.

NFL.com: 7th 
ESPN: 4th
The Athletic: 8th
The Ringer: 5th
Yahoo: 6th
USA Today: 7th
The Sporting News: 4th
Pro Football Talk: 2nd!

Still a couple of folks out there with SF ranked ahead of the Vikings, even at 4-4.

Edited by JDBrocks
added PFT
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I want JJ to take this game personally. I want him to look at the other sideline and think “I replaced him. Time to show why.” Get that chip on his shoulder and leave no doubt about who is the better receiver. 

i'd like our DB's to help that situation out though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Power rankings out today.

NFL.com: 7th 
ESPN: 4th
The Athletic: 8th
The Ringer: 5th
Yahoo: 6th
USA Today: 7th
The Sporting News: 4th
Pro Football Talk: 2nd!

Still a couple of folks out there with SF ranked ahead of the Vikings, even at 4-4.

i wonder how we rank in each of those against just the NFC lineup....

Just now, vike daddy said:

i wonder how we rank in each of those against just the NFC lineup....

Generally 3rd or 4th, behind the Eagles, Dallas, and sometimes SF.

I only think the Eagles are truly better than the Vikings. SF is a bad match up for the Vikings, but I don't think they are a better team against the field. I'm not a believer in Dallas.

• Like 1