Week 10: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Chargers

J-ALL-DAY

22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Him getting hurt in a our light practice on Monday just says it all when it comes to injuries and this team lol.

I'd bet it's the quad on the opposite leg of his Achilles injury. He was probably overcompensating on the other leg. 

Achilles injuries are not something to mess with. Should have shut him down earlier, but what's done is done. 

Unreal, never have I felt more bad and sad for a player than Verrett. This just isn't fair man, it's not fair.

I really hope he is at peace and thinks long and hard of retiring in the offseason. These rehabs and surgeries just aren't worth it.

Looks like Lenoir at RCB for the rest of the season and Ward in the slot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unreal, never have I felt more bad and sad for a player than Verrett. This just isn't fair man, it's not fair.

I really hope he is at peace and thinks long and hard of retiring in the offseason. These rehabs and surgeries just aren't worth it.

Don’t know what happened to Womack, but they should put him on the field 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unbelievable…..i have no words

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah I dont usually have much empathy towards athletes when it comes to injuries, but I admire JV's desire to get back and what appears to be his overall love for a game that refuses to love him back. I also hope that he is mentally in a place where he is able to accept whatever ends up being the end result. If he chooses to rehab and try to return then by all means who are any of us to say otherwise, but I would bet there are more dark days ahead for him regardless. It really is hard to watch and see him work and just not be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor. I would hope if he chooses to retire that the org would try to keep him around in some sort of role if he so chooses. You cannot have enough guys with his type of mental fortitude involved in your team. Dude is a crazy inspiration.

20 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Hopefully Ambry rounds back into form and we can start playing him outside again. 

That really sucks for JV, he just needs to call it quits at this point.

I hope he sticks around as a DB coach. He still has a lot to offer to the game with his mind even if his body doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

At this point, I'm more afraid that what we saw at the end of last season was the outlier and not the poor play 

I’m right there with you. Hopefully it’s just that dreaded sophomore slump and he can find his game again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Tell me about it lol.

I still prefer Womack in the slot, Ward at FS and then have Gibson be the 3rd safety. But................

It's pure insanity taking one of the best FS in the enitre league forcing him to play nickelback. It makes ZERO sense to me. Gipson is a backup SS if I'm being honest. Take your lumps with Womack. It will only benefit the team in the long run. When it comes to utilizing our personnel, we just have this strange tendency to make life more difficult for ourselves.

• Like 1

That is really strange having Ward as a slot corner. Especially this far into his career. Weird. Anyway, this is a game the 49ers should win, but this team is such a wild card with playing down to opponents or beating opponents they shouldn't, not playing great at home, but on the road. I don't know. Still they should win. Offense SHOULD pop off more. The Chargers might have the worst run defense in the NFL. I'll be pretty disappointed if the squad drops this one to the Chargers, even if I'm a backdoor fan for that franchise (shhhhhhh....)

49ers 28

Chargers 20 

Also, sucks to lose Jason yet again. He was JUST about to take the field, and then the foosball gawds once again said thee nay. I'm guessing, or maybe hoping he just retires now. Some folks just aren't built for the game sadly. Don't know how proactive with football he'll want to be moving forward, but maybe coaching is an avenue he can look into. Would be nice if the 49ers brass extended an olive branch to get him involved in that arena. The guy deserves a fortuitous bounce or two. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe