Week 10: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Chargers

J-ALL-DAY

5 hours ago, Forge said:

That's a mistake, imo. Aiyuk is the real deal. I'd shoot my shot as soon as possible. There's some risk involved, but the payoff is there. The Vikings did the same thing with Diggs. 

We will get more of a look as the season wears on, but I think the idea that we can support all of these mouths in this offense is slightly optimistic. Shanny is so infatuated with the run that we are always going to shorten games. At some point, I think the team will acknowledge that they aren't getting the bang for their buck if they are paying all of these guys. Right now it's not an issue because Aiyuk is on a rookie deal.  We are paying for a very, very micro set up where we basically just want a certain advantageous matchup on a specific play. I don't know how likely that is to proceed moving forward, especially when you have to build in a big QB payday 

Random thought.  What if they didn't.  Hypothetically, what if they constantly spent their First rounders on QB, and had a guy on his first five years, then franchise/trade him for a new QB during the 5th and 6th year period.  We could hypothetically send three first rounders for another rookie QB. Just ride that strategy train until they change the CBA.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Nick Bosa has 5 more QB hits than the next highest player and he has one less fewer game than everyone in the top 20 but one (and really 1.5 fewer games)

How most have Parsons ahead of him in the DPOY is hilarious. You can have Judon ahead of him and Houston's sack rate is ridiculous but Parsons shouldn't be ahead of Bosa. I still think the league may give him a half sack more from this game and he can have 10 in 8 games. Different type of beast. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How most have Parsons ahead of him in the DPOY is hilarious. You can have Judon ahead of him and Houston's sack rate is ridiculous but Parsons shouldn't be ahead of Bosa. I still think the league may give him a half sack more from this game and he can have 10 in 8 games. Different type of beast. 

It's pretty clear to me that the writers don't like Bosa, probably because of his tweets he made in college. He should have been first team All-Pro last year with Garrett, but the fact that Crosby made second team All-Pro over him is just laughable. 

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

It's pretty clear to me that the writers don't like Bosa, probably because of his tweets he made in college. He should have been first team All-Pro last year with Garrett, but the fact that Crosby made second team All-Pro over him is just laughable. 

Crosby got over Bosa due to PFF and their grading system. A lot of these voters now just rely on what PFF tells them and they go off of that lol.

Kind of feels like the Niners came out a bit rusty in Q1 coming off the bye, which is annoying. Also, coupled with the fact that Staley knew exactly how to stop Shanahan and the adrenaline was definitely flowing in the Chargers because I'm sure they knew they needed some extra juice out of the gate to compete, and they did. 

The second half was a different story. The defense settled down and the run game started wearing down a depleted Chargers d-line. 

I'm watching the All-22 and I'm at just under 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter and I've already counted 4 false starts by Sarell for the Chargers.

All 4 of them he's either rocking back into his first drop step or he's actively taking his first drop step before the ball is snapped. Unreal that NONE of them were called. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Johnnydel breakdown...some funny moments. Good thing the team won. 

Yeah. Was neat to see the coverage breakdowns covered that well. Jimmy was excellent outside of reading that screen/GT power RPO which is sort of a new wrinkle intended to make the defense choose between Deebo and CMC. I mean, it's an old wrinkle in that we were running the GT power RPO with Lance as the carrier early in the season and sometimes last year, but Jimmy hasn't had to read it. That play has a ton of potential that kind of got wasted. But hey. This is what practice and experience is for. Would still love to see more than just one corner route downfield for CMC in the passing game. But I get that the offense overloads the middle of the field already and CMC's an obvious way to counter those overloads out in the flats that doesn't require Jimmy to throw deep down the sidelines. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching all of the All-22 film, here are some of my thoughts:

• I counted 7 missed false starts and a missed face mask call on the Chargers. Sarell had 5 on his own. Zion Johnson's false start was so obvious that he even stopped blocking because he thought it would be flagged and it wasn't. It's kind of insane how much the refs really didn't seem interested in flagging the Chargers. 
  • Aaron Banks had the easiest night out of anyone. The interior pass rush was completely non-existent from the Chargers. I watch a bunch of snaps where Banks literally had no one to block so he was just looking around to hit someone. 
  • Mitchell looked very good. He was quick, sudden, and decisive. His burst is back and it was really fun to watch.
  • Willis and Omenihu had really nice games. Both were getting a ton of pressure all night and both had some nice stops as well. 
  • On the CMC TD run, the Chargers were so gassed they had 13 guys on the field and one of them was literally walking to the LoS while still being on the 49ers' side of it. Jimmy astutely hurried the snap to get him, and the two guys walking off the field as sub outs for offsides. I would be absolutely livid if I was on the Chargers and saw that. 
  • After the first drive of the game, and a few lucky breaks for the Chargers, our defense was suffocating. Warner was EVERYWHERE. 
  • Like 2