Week 10: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Chargers

J-ALL-DAY

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Tell me about it lol.

I still prefer Womack in the slot, Ward at FS and then have Gibson be the 3rd safety. But................

Yeah, hopefully when ward can jam guys at the line of scrimmage, his ability to play in the slot will get better.  I know I floated the idea of Ward in the slot before the chiefs game.  I thought that ward would have a better chance against Travis Kelce, but without his hands to jam dudes, his ability to play the LOS is not as strong.  Add it to the ever growing list of crap I have been wrong about this football year. 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unreal, never have I felt more bad and sad for a player than Verrett. This just isn't fair man, it's not fair.

I really hope he is at peace and thinks long and hard of retiring in the offseason. These rehabs and surgeries just aren't worth it.

Looks like Lenoir at RCB for the rest of the season and Ward in the slot. 

This is heart-wrenching. Dude works so hard, so often, for so long and yet he's spent more time rehabbing than playing in his career. 

Reminds me of another 9er forced to retire much too early when hamstring surgery didn't fix his issues: Greg Clark, the one who really should have been labeled the hero of the Catch II game, IMO. 

He had just 3 catches in the game: a 1st down and 2 TDs. 

• Like 1

Armstead is out and Ebukam is doubtful so it's good to see Willis be activated off IR.

Greenlaw is also a go so our LB core will finally be healthy for the first time in weeks. 

The Chargers are going to attack the underneath stuff all game long and run a bunch of screens so our backers will need to be on their game and can't be missing any tackles. Even though we were dominant against the Rams in the 2nd half, the speed of our defense just was not same without Greenlaw and Al-Shaair. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Armstead is out and Ebukam is doubtful so it's good to see Willis be activated off IR.

Greenlaw is also a go so our LB core will finally be healthy for the first time in weeks. 

The Chargers are going to attack the underneath stuff all game long and run a bunch of screens so our backers will need to be on their game and can't be missing any tackles. Even though we were dominant against the Rams in the 2nd half, the speed of our defense just was not same without Greenlaw and Al-Shaair. 

This is great news, sucks about JV, and no AA & Ebukam, but I think we'll be ok, just curious who we elevate off of PS, a DT? CB? will be interesting to see tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know that there will be a more underrated big, important injury than e-man's 

Yeah, that injury is so underrated, had JV not torn his Achilles, and played well, we might be saying "well Moseley's injury isn't as big as once thought", but now, it hurts, and I feel for Moseley, ready to cash in this offseason, I had him pegged in Charvarius Ward's area($13.5M a yr).

Looks like T.Y. McGill was elevated, so I wonder if Turay is inactive yet again, not sure why he's inactive so much, I know he's a EDGE, but I think Omenihu & Willis could play DT, same with Hyder, Bosa has rushed as a DT, idk, just weird to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know that there will be a more underrated big, important injury than e-man's 

Seems just like yesterday he was inserted due to injury, and everyone felt indifferent to him since he was just an undrafted corner out of Tennessee. One of dem country boys. But he's been a quality player for the 49ers, and it seems crazy now that he wasn't drafted by somebody. I hope he comes back strong next year. The defense just isn't the same without him. Now that I think of it, I can't think of the last time if ever I worried about him out there covering anyone. Been solid since he got a shot to showcase what he can do. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Yeah, that injury is so underrated, had JV not torn his Achilles, and played well, we might be saying "well Moseley's injury isn't as big as once thought", but now, it hurts, and I feel for Moseley, ready to cash in this offseason, I had him pegged in Charvarius Ward's area($13.5M a yr).

Looks like T.Y. McGill was elevated, so I wonder if Turay is inactive yet again, not sure why he's inactive so much, I know he's a EDGE, but I think Omenihu & Willis could play DT, same with Hyder, Bosa has rushed as a DT, idk, just weird to me.

I wonder how the front brass approaches trying to retain Mosley. I hope they don't low ball him due to injury. 

• Like 1