Remainder of the Season QB

Ghostnote

Commander QB  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB should finish the rest of the 2022 season?

• Tyler Heinicke
    • Carson Wentz
    • Sam Howell

1 hour ago, Scott Land said:

The oline has played substantially better. They didn't play well against the Vikings and Taylor took some bad sacks. The running game has also come alive and BRob is finally looking fairly healthy again which helps Tony which helps Taylor. Trai Turner and Norwell are finally getting in shape and are playing much better. Carson never had more than 3 seconds to throw the ball and the running game was non existent. Carson's not what he once was either, but there's a reason Taylor was a backup in the XFL and was out of the league. You won't convince me that Taylor is the better quarterback because he's not, but Taylor has earned the job by winning games and I hope he can keep it rolling. 

So it was a total coincidence pretty much everything got better when Wentz left the field? Honestly I wish they would just put Wentz back out there so this thing won't linger on for years. People need to see just how bad he is again I think. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So it was a total coincidence pretty much everything got better when Wentz left the field? Honestly I wish they would just put Wentz back out there so this thing won't linger on for years. People need to see just how bad he is again I think. 

Everything but the throwing of the football yes. Wentz had 13 drops by wide receivers and TH has 0, that adds up as well. The scheme has completely changed since Taylor has been playing. We shouldn't have had Carson throwing the ball more than 40 times a game and he did 4/6 games and one was 38 so basically 5/6. Taylor starts playing and Turner doesn't want him throwing that many times and we start pounding the ball and we start winning. Carson isn't good enough to throw the ball over 40 times a game because he will make a mistake in that time. As will Taylor, but they aren't putting him in that situation for good reason. Drop Taylor back 40 times one game and see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Everything but the throwing of the football yes. Wentz had 13 drops by wide receivers and TH has 0, that adds up as well. The scheme has completely changed since Taylor has been playing. We shouldn't have had Carson throwing the ball more than 40 times a game and he did 4/6 games and one was 38 so basically 5/6. Taylor starts playing and Turner doesn't want him throwing that many times and we start pounding the ball and we start winning. Carson isn't good enough to throw the ball over 40 times a game because he will make a mistake in that time. As will Taylor, but they aren't putting him in that situation for good reason. Drop Taylor back 40 times one game and see what happens. 

The only way this will be solved is by them putting Wentz back in. I just refuse to believe it's a coincidence the team got better the moment he got hurt. Just my opinion however. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The only way this will be solved is by them putting Wentz back in. I just refuse to believe it's a coincidence the team got better the moment he got hurt. Just my opinion however. 

It's not that big of a coincidence? We started running the ball more and quit throwing 40 times a game. 

11 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

It's not that big of a coincidence? We started running the ball more and quit throwing 40 times a game. 

They were 2-4 and just barely 2-4 and not 1-5 with Wentz starting. They're now 6-5 with his back up playing. The idea that Heinicke had nothing to do with this turn around is just something I'm not willing to buy. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

They were 2-4 and just barely 2-4 and not 1-5 with Wentz starting. They're now 6-5 with his back up playing. The idea that Heinicke had nothing to do with this turn around is just something I'm not willing to buy. 

How can you say "just barely" for Wentz's wins and not about Taylors? Packers? Colts? Should have beat the Vikings. And Taylor hasn't thrown a touchdown in 3 weeks. This is mind boggling. 

18 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

How can you say "just barely" for Wentz's wins and not about Taylors? Packers? Colts? Should have beat the Vikings. And Taylor hasn't thrown a touchdown in 3 weeks. This is mind boggling. 

It's a fair point. They were also just barely not 3-3 with Wentz too?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

We only beat the Bears because they chose not to kick field goals. Literally that is the only reason we won. Wentz had 90 passing yards. And the Bears made it to the red zone three times without scoring and fumbled a point inside the red zone.

Wentz had 3 TD passes in his last 4 starts. He also had 3 interceptions in his last four starts and he only threw for over 250 yards once in that span. 3 of those starts were below 215 passing yards and two of them he didn't throw a TD pass. Also, in those 4 starts his completion percentage was above 60 one time and 3 out of those 4 starts his passer rating was below 71. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's a fair point. They were also just barely not 3-3 with Wentz too?

How so? Wentz is the one who threw the interception at the goal line against the Titans and we didn't have a shot to win any other game with him starting that we lost so if we're doing that then Heinicke is just barely not 5-0 as a starter because of the pick he threw against the Vikings, no?

If Taylor is really the reason (or even a meaningful part of the reason) why the OL, special teams, and defense are all playing better, then obviously you have to continue playing him.

But he is not good. 

I have almost doubt that, in time, Wentz would be better than him as the QB here. He’s just so much better as a thrower of the ball that eventually he will have mastered the offense to an extent that he can get the ball out and make the reads and do the things Taylor can’t. 

But we don’t really have time, as far as this season is concerned, and there’s no sense in trying to build something with Wentz for the future. He’s not it. But neither is Taylor, and it grows ever more frustrating that we can’t find a way to get even an above-average QB in here to actually compete with this roster. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

How so? Wentz is the one who threw the interception at the goal line against the Titans and we didn't have a shot to win any other game with him starting that we lost

I mean you're trying to justify wins and losses based on who started, no? 

so if we're doing that then Heinicke is just barely not 5-0 as a starter because of the pick he threw against the Vikings, no?

I'm just tagging along for this weird justification that's going on. It sounds like you could do that if you wanted.

In the end, the records are what they are and the team is currently better under Heinicke. 

Wentz had 3 TD passes in his last 4 starts. He also had 3 interceptions in his last four starts and he only threw for over 250 yards once in that span. 3 of those starts were below 215 passing yards and two of them he didn't throw a TD pass. Also, in those 4 starts his completion percentage was above 60 one time and 3 out of those 4 starts his passer rating was below 71. 

Is Heinicke statistically that much better in that span?

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean you're trying to justify wins and losses based on who started, no? 

I'm just tagging along for this weird justification that's going on. It sounds like you could do that if you wanted.

In the end, the records are what they are and the team is currently better under Heinicke. 

Is Heinicke statistically that much better in that span?

No most likely not. The difference is one is winning and the other wasn't so if the numbers are similar why would you put the guy in who was losing? 

Just now, lavar703 said:

No most likely not. The difference is one is winning and the other wasn't so if the numbers are similar why would you put the guy in who was losing? 

You wouldn't. And I don't think the Jets and Manders situations are apples to apples either. 

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If Taylor is really the reason (or even a meaningful part of the reason) why the OL, special teams, and defense are all playing better, then obviously you have to continue playing him.

But he is not good. 

I have almost doubt that, in time, Wentz would be better than him as the QB here. He’s just so much better as a thrower of the ball that eventually he will have mastered the offense to an extent that he can get the ball out and make the reads and do the things Taylor can’t. 

But we don’t really have time, as far as this season is concerned, and there’s no sense in trying to build something with Wentz for the future. He’s not it. But neither is Taylor, and it grows ever more frustrating that we can’t find a way to get even an above-average QB in here to actually compete with this roster. 

I mean, Wentz is much more physically talented than Taylor. I just don't believe whatever Wentz once was is ever coming back. Part of what made him special was his ability to create outside of the pocket and that is gone. I tend to look at this situation like the Rob Johnson vs. Doug Flutie one. Johnson was just oozing with talent and Flutie was a try-hard.