S Xavier McKinney out at least 4 weeks for stupid hand injury on ATV.

Acgott

17 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Stupid, they better give him a big fine for this.

Why? Sounds like a normal bye week/vacation activity that resulted in a minor injury. Wouldn't call site seeing on an ATV some sort of reckless behavior. Unless there are other details I haven't heard?

17 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Why? Sounds like a normal bye week/vacation activity that resulted in a minor injury. Wouldn't call site seeing on an ATV some sort of reckless behavior. Unless there are other details I haven't heard?

Riding on a ATV I’ll definitely consider reckless.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

I was not too angry at Xavier at first, till I found this out. If the Giants put something in your contract for you not to do and you do it any way shows your not being dependable or smart, two of the three things Schoen and Daball value.

• Like 1

Just now, Go_Giants said:

Does this Xavier has to miss at least 4 games? Or are there different rules for non football injury reserve? Heard the injury was 3-6 weeks. Was my hope we could him back in time for the first Commanders game.

I believe so, but I was waiting for the beat to confirm. I have not seen anything on a timeline, where did you see it?

Obviously disappointing but I'm not going to crush McKinney for it. Yes, you can say he technically was wreckless because his contract says he shouldn't be on ATVs but come on. That's like calling a driver wreckless for going 10MPH over the speed limit. 

The totality of McKinney's character since being with the Giants is that he's married to the game. Football is life and he works tirelessly to be a great safety. Accidents happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Obviously disappointing but I'm not going to crush McKinney for it. Yes, you can say he technically was wreckless because his contract says he shouldn't be on ATVs but come on. That's like calling a driver wreckless for going 10MPH over the speed limit. 

The totality of McKinney's character since being with the Giants is that he's married to the game. Football is life and he works tirelessly to be a great safety. Accidents happen. 

This is where I'm at as well. Also to me there is a difference between riding ATV's in some backwoods going up over jumps while dodging trees and riding ATVs in a group on a guided tour of Cabo. Either way I wasn't aware of the contract stipulation. Sounds like the Giants could withhold some guaranteed money. I don't think they will.