7/23 Roster Moves (Gratz cut, Evans signed, Jones/Allen Activated)

Phire

One thing is that Active/NFI means Jones counts against the roster limit... I'm surprised he's not just on IR with designation to return, though, I guess since you can only bring one player back from IR they're waiting and seeing?

On 7/24/2017 at 6:50 PM, Phire said:

One thing is that Active/NFI means Jones counts against the roster limit... I'm surprised he's not just on IR with designation to return, though, I guess since you can only bring one player back from IR they're waiting and seeing?

If you look at Sidney Jones' timeline he's slated to return between August and October. Even if he goes long on his rehab he's only missing the first 4-6 games (assuming he's tossed into the fire).

At that rate they might save the "IR to return" designation since a second round pick isn't making a crazy amount against the cap compared to other veteran players.

10 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

If you look at Sidney Jones' timeline he's slated to return between August and October. Even if he goes long on his rehab he's only missing the first 4-6 games (assuming he's tossed into the fire).

At that rate they might save the "IR to return" designation since a second round pick isn't making a crazy amount against the cap compared to other veteran players.

That makes sense. I thought Jones would be out much longer than that.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:38 PM, Bednarik60 said:

So basically if Jones doesn't come back and cost us a roster spot this year, they aren't going to pay him his full salary. 

They would have to be morons not to pay him all of his money. if he turns out good they want him to stay not leave because the Eagles were being petty. 

Archived