2018 Draft Prospects

kingseanjohn

No, I'm not giving up on this season yet. But, it's nearing the end of the college season and it's time to take some final looks at some guys that could be joining the team next year! In my opinion, CB, OLB and NT is our top 3 needs going into the off-season. Depending on our re-signings, this could of course change.

Here's a few guys that I'm looking at that I wouldn't mind us drafting. I haven't looked into any NT yet...

QB

Kurt Benkert. Virginia *Bray is a UFA after this year and Alex is possibly gone. We need depth and I like this guy.

DL

Taven Bryan. Florida

OLB

Sione Teuhema. Southeast Louisiana

Marquis Haynes. Ole Miss

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo. Oklahoma

Rashaan Evans. Alabama

CB

Carlton Davis. Auburn

Joshua Jackson. Iowa

Sam Beal. Western Michigan

Danny Johnson. Southern *probably move to safety

Duke Dawson Jr. Florida

Denzel Ward. Ohio St

S

Deshon Elliott. Texas

• 1 month later...

Right now we only have four confirmed draft picks. We may have up to two more based on conditional trades.

IMO we need to get an OLB, CB, DL and either S/RB/QB.

All this is dependent on who we let walk though.

Logan, Colquitt, Sherman, Wilson, Jenkins, Terrell, Devey, DAT, KPL, Fulton, Bray, and Acker are all guys that I could see us re-signing. But that's without cap considerations.

My order of priority would be KPL, Fulton, Logan, Colquitt, Sherman, WIlson, Jenkins, Terrell, Devey, Bray, DAT, Acker.

Alex Smith, Hali, DJ, Colquitt, Revis all have more than 10 years experience. There is a good chance that none are back. The next tier is Berry, Zombo, Sherman, Houston, Parker and Bailey. These are guys still playing at or near top form, but unlikely to get a another new contract. The guts of the team has 3-6 years of experience, plus Hunt, Hill and Mahomes.

J

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I wonder if we give Antonio Callaway a shot.

Lots of buzz on the kid, including Sterling Sharpe comparisons, but he's got a list of off the field issues. Newest Andy Reid reclamation project?  

The list of off the field issues is what worries me. It isn't just one thing either. Credit card fraud and hanging out with a 40 year old man who "had a rap sheet of over 23 charges including child molestation and drug trafficking" are the worst two. Callaway and the 40 year old got pulled over and were found with weed. If we can get him in the 6th or 7th, I'd be ok with it. But the guy needs to get an entirely new social group and needs to stay out of Florida.

But I'm pretty content with Hill, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, and Kemp next year.

52 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The list of off the field issues is what worries me. It isn't just one thing either. Credit card fraud and hanging out with a 40 year old man who "had a rap sheet of over 23 charges including child molestation and drug trafficking" are the worst two. Callaway and the 40 year old got pulled over and were found with weed. If we can get him in the 6th or 7th, I'd be ok with it. But the guy needs to get an entirely new social group and needs to stay out of Florida.

But I'm pretty content with Hill, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, and Kemp next year.

I figured KC is a decent enough distance away and if hes a late round flier then the risk is minimal. Unfortunately we have no picks so its a sizeable investment even in the late rounds.

But i agree i think the receiving corp we have works just fine for what we need, especially when you include Kelce in that.

Archived