Non-Jaguars Talk: The Other Games Thread

.Buzz

Feel like we need some sort of thread to discuss other games/prime time games if we're watching them. With us being in the playoff race, I think it's even more important for something like this to talk about what is happening in other games.

Just now, iPwn said:

So the NFL has been considering flexing our game vs Seattle to Sunday night. Wonder if this changes that.

Yeah, this is true. Hope it doesn't as I'd really like to see us get a chance during prime time.

Think Week 17 is a possibility if it indeed ends up being for the AFCS?

Just now, iPwn said:

Could definitely be.

Carolina @ Atlanta or Dallas @ Philly might be the favorites for it though.

Could see CAR/ATL, Dallas is 5-5 though so I doubt that game has much impact on the NFCE with Philly 4 games ahead already.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Dallas is 5-5 though so I doubt that game has much impact on the NFCE with Philly 4 games ahead already.

Would be dependent on them being in the Wild Card race. Because those two teams have far more drawing power than Jags and Titans.

Crazy to think a team that very well could (and should) finish with double digit wins won't have a single prime time game.

Whatever either way, next year I bet we get a SUN/MON night game or two with how people see us after this year and the identity this defense is putting out.

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Eagles/Rams will likely be protected though.

Didn’t the NFL change the way protection againt flexing works last year?

Assuming they can protect that game, I’d guess they would. But I thought some rules were changed to make a very small number of games protectable. 

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Crazy to think a team that very well could (and should) finish with double digit wins won't have a single prime time game.

Yeah. But they absolutely did not deserve to have one scheduled when the schedules were made.

Then we really didn’t get any good matchups throughout the year. Nobody really knew that our Steelers game or Rams game would feature two top 6 record teams. And then all we’ve got down the stretch is Seattle and maybe Tennessee if the division isn’t locked up by then.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Yeah. But they absolutely did not deserve to have one scheduled when the schedules were made.

Then we really didn’t get any good matchups throughout the year. Nobody really knew that our Steelers game or Rams game would feature two top 6 record teams. And then all we’ve got down the stretch is Seattle and maybe Tennessee if the division isn’t locked up by then.

Yeah, I would agree but still sad considering pretty much all teams get some sort of prime time game it's just kind of sad.

Still can't believe how often the Dolphins are getting on prime time even though they are playing much worse than most expected I feel like it was obvious they were taking a step back. Got kind of lucky last year I felt like.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still can't believe how often the Dolphins are getting on prime time even though they are playing much worse than most expected I feel like it was obvious they were taking a step back. Got kind of lucky last year I felt like.

I’d assume they were betting on Tanny helping them win some more games. And not trading away Ajayi. 

Archived