Non-Jaguars Talk: The Other Games Thread

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Just seems to me like he's the same player he always was. Hard to be super gung ho about him earlier cause you know eventually the other shoe is going to drop. That's the reason he's even talked about as an option, and why KC spent big on a successor to develop.  

Very lukewarm on the idea earlier. A hot start didn't really drastically change that. Nor does a bit of a slump. Still just a lukewarm option. On balance, this is what you get. 

It's either gonna be a total wildcard rookie. Or a lukewarm option. There's a reason these options will be available. 

Ive watched Chiefs games before. He has been very inaccurate these last several games compared to years past.

He usually is just super conservative, now hes conservative while not making any plays.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Ive watched Chiefs games before. He has been very inaccurate these last several games compared to years past.

He usually is just super conservative, now hes conservative while not making any plays.

Has he ever really been a big time playmaker though? Outside of some brief flashes here and there through his career...he's been a conservative guy who doesn't really make many plays (and eats a bunch of sacks). It's why the Niners moved on. It's why the Chiefs will move on.

Did people really think that had suddenly changed in the first handful of weeks of this season?

Just weird to me to be okay with Smith earlier this year, but not okay with him now. 

Just now, Tugboat said:

Has he ever really been a big time playmaker though? Outside of some brief flashes here and there through his career...he's been a conservative guy who doesn't really make many plays (and eats a bunch of sacks). It's why the Niners moved on. It's why the Chiefs will move on.

Did people really think that had suddenly changed in the first handful of weeks of this season?

Just weird to me to be okay with Smith earlier this year, but not okay with him now. 

No, I would be fine with last years Alex Smith.

The Alex Smith of the past 4 games I want no part of though.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

No, I would be fine with last years Alex Smith.

The Alex Smith of the past 4 games I want no part of though.

I just don't see how last years Alex Smith is really any different to this years. It's not like he's changing dramatically as a player. He's just not a great QB and never has been. These problems have plagued him everywhere. 

Like...last year Alex Smith was not far removed from going an entire season without tossing a TD to a WR. He has streaks of better play and streaks of extra frustrating impotence. But that's not new. 

Tyrod has looked better so far today. But it's not hard to see why either is likely to be available in the offseason as their respective teams move on. 

Just now, Tugboat said:

I just don't see how last years Alex Smith is really any different to this years. It's not like he's changing dramatically as a player. He's just not a great QB and never has been. These problems have plagued him everywhere. 

Like...last year Alex Smith was not far removed from going an entire season without tossing a TD to a WR. He has streaks of better play and streaks of extra frustrating impotence. But that's not new. 

Tyrod has looked better so far today. But it's not hard to see why either is likely to be available in the offseason as their respective teams move on. 

Previous years Alex Smith I didn't see these inaccuracies as a passer. He was just uber conservative and didnt take shots. This one is missing open receivers and not bringing anything to the offense whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Two of them in the 2nd quarter. Led to 10 points.

He bad.

This division really is a QB wasteland. Even when a potentially  good one shows up...they inevitably get wrecked by injury. 

Might as well just embrace the suck I guess. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Previous years Alex Smith I didn't see these inaccuracies as a passer. He was just uber conservative and didnt take shots. This one is missing open receivers and not bringing anything to the offense whatsoever.

So far as i can recall, he's always had that sort of "inaccuracy" borne out of hyper conservative tendencies. Trying to be so "safe" with the ball and placement that he puts them out of reach of even his own guys. The gunshy indecisiveness that causes turnovers and sacks and listless offense.

This is the same incredibly frustrating thing he's done right back to San Francisco.

Archived