Is Tyreek Hill the Best Receiver in Football?

Chiefer

Hill is a top 3 WR without question, but he's in the absolute perfect system (again) to maximize what he does well, which is stretch the field horizontally.

I don't think he's the best route runner. I don't think he's the best blocker. I don't think he has the best hands. I do think he's the best after the catch, though.

As far as 2022 goes, he's far and away the best WR this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Piquel said:

Titans

Maybe because of QB play. But Hill and Henry in the same offense would be crazy.

Ultimately point is any OC that can’t utilize Tyreek would be a terrible OC. He fits in any offense. What respectable modern offense wouldn’t maximize the greatest downfield threat of the 2000s not named Randy Moss?  Hill’s presence alone changes how a defense has to approach a game.

EDIT - Calvin is in the convo too as a downfield threat. Throw Julio in there as well but I’d take Tyreek over Julio personally 

Edited by iknowcool

Just now, iknowcool said:

Maybe because of QB play. But Hill and Henry in the same offense would be crazy.

Ultimately point is any OC that can’t utilize Tyreek would be a terrible OC. He fits in any offense. What respectable modern offense wouldn’t maximize the greatest downfield threat of the 2000s not named Randy Moss?  Hill’s presence alone changes how a defense has to approach a game.

Absolutely this. He was in the perfect offense catching screens, drags, and the very occasional go route from Alex Smith. He was in the perfect offense with Mahomes's scrambling and strong arm. And when teams sold out to stop that last year, he was still in the perfect offense to rack up YAC all year long. He's now again in the perfect offense running deep crossers and stretching the field for Mike McDaniel and Tua. At some point the narrative should become that maybe the perfect offense for Hill is really just whatever offense he happens to be in at the time. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Absolutely this. He was in the perfect offense catching screens, drags, and the very occasional go route from Alex Smith. He was in the perfect offense with Mahomes's scrambling and strong arm. And when teams sold out to stop that last year, he was still in the perfect offense to rack up YAC all year long. He's now again in the perfect offense running deep crossers and stretching the field for Mike McDaniel and Tua. At some point the narrative should become that maybe the perfect offense for Hill is really just whatever offense he happens to be in at the time. 

Yep, he's pretty much gameplan proof. There's a highlight where Tua underthrows him completely and hangs it high but Hill just jets all the way back to catch it in front of defenders and still gets YAC. There's just no where you can put the ball that he can't find a way to get to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I’m glad this isn’t devolving into Tyreek past allegations, it seemed like when he was with the Chiefs every discussion about him would get locked. He’s a dolphin and people are slowly forgetting about it

Definitely I don't think anyone is forgetting about it lol. It just isn't relevant to his on-field play.

• Like 1