2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-6 Host Da Saints 3-6

Steeler Hitman

steelers-vs-saints.jpg

Who: Da Steelers 2-6 host Da Saints 3-6

When: Sunday November 13, 2022  at

Where: Acrisure Stadium Pittsburgh, PA 

All Time series: Saints lead 9-7 including four of the last five games & the last three wins in a row

GettyImages-1086143622.jpg?fit=1024,683

Last Meeting 31-28 lost in New Orleans, Louisiana before the Steelers 2018 implosion. 

2020927pdSteelers24-1611680397.jpg

Guess who is coming back? Watt's up!!!!!

s3-news-tmp-108565-bud_wassup_2--default

What's up??? Agh!!!!!!

mike-tomlin-top-ten-head-coaches-2015.jp

The Saints are one of a few teams Coach Mike Tomlin hasn't ever beaten in three meetings.

No Mediocre Mike talk please!!!

damontae-kazee-steelers-jaguars-2022.jpg

Damontae Kazee should add some support to the back end of the defense with Minkah and Edmonds. 

r1076615_1296x729_16-9.jpg

This would be a good week to get the offense scoring.  A good ground game would help that.

jaylen-warren-of-the-pittsburgh-steelers

This may be the one two punch needed to spice up the ground attack. 

GettyImages-1065231958-e1559321234396.jp

Could this be the next veteran (ex-NFL HC) added to the Steelers staff this off season. (I don't think they do anything mid season with Matt Canada).  I seem to love Colt players and coaches. This could do for the offense what Mike Munchak did for the OL, Brian Flores did for the Linebackers.

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Working on Thread. Not finished yet

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’ll believe it when I see it. Florio grasping at straws here and acting like he has sources. I think it’s more likely they emphasize Najee to open the game and try to get him going again.

And interesting deep dive:

In same down and distance situations within 10 points, Jaylen Warrens numbers are similar if not worse than Najee Harris. Long story short: Warren has had success because he’s running when teams are expecting a passing heavy attack. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And interesting deep dive:

In same down and distance situations within 10 points, Jaylen Warrens numbers are similar if not worse than Najee Harris. Long story short: Warren has had success because he’s running when teams are expecting a passing heavy attack. 

Yea but how many neutral opportunities has Warren actually gotten? And how many of those opportunities have been 3rd/4th and 1 where we have just needed 1 yard? They have turned to Warren as the short yardage guy pretty frequently.

Anyone who has watched the games knows that Warren has had more success because he plays when we are down and the defense is expecting pass. I think the whole point is to give Warren some more of those neutral opportunities and see if his success carries over. 

Would love for them to at least try and make him the bell cow. Just give him 1 quarter or 1 half to show what he can do and see what happens. What could it hurt at this point.

14 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yea but how many neutral opportunities has Warren actually gotten? And how many of those opportunities have been 3rd/4th and 1 where we have just needed 1 yard? They have turned to Warren as the short yardage guy pretty frequently.

Anyone who has watched the games knows that Warren has had more success because he plays when we are down and the defense is expecting pass. I think the whole point is to give Warren some more of those neutral opportunities and see if his success carries over. 

Would love for them to at least try and make him the bell cow. Just give him 1 quarter or 1 half to show what he can do and see what happens. What could it hurt at this point.

I disagree.  He makes plays on wide-zones because he can get the the edge.  Some of it might be that defenders lose him in the elephants but he hits holes with speed and can bounce it outside

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Steelers depot had the numbers but it was basically enough. Something like 20-25 attempts. 

But even if you take who the running back is out of the equation and look at the run success, blocking success, in the box, etc. 

Im not saying this won’t work, rather it’s what I held all along, that there’s more at work and even if this sparks a little bit it’s good; but it’s not going to fix everything.

I think the issue is situational not personnel. Rookie QB playing with a group of RBs who aren’t explosive behind a line that isn’t getting push with WRs who don’t scare them deep. So drop 9 in the box and fly to the ball to dare Kenny to throw early. 

All of this is why I wasn’t on board with RB last year and QB this year. Too easy to defend from a personnel standpoint. 

8 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

What about the eye test? Without looking at stats, Warren has looked much more explosive, runs down hill, breaks more tackles, and has been more successful as a short yardage runner.

My eye test tells me that Warren runs against lighter boxes. Sure, he's explosive and fast, but he's running into big holes almost every time. I'd still like to see him get a few more carries, even if it's just to give Harris more time to heal, but I don't expect him to be anything more than a backup. Harris was looking really good last year when holes were opened for him. This year he's been hurt. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

My eye test tells me that Warren runs against lighter boxes. Sure, he's explosive and fast, but he's running into big holes almost every time. I'd still like to see him get a few more carries, even if it's just to give Harris more time to heal, but I don't expect him to be anything more than a backup. Harris was looking really good last year when holes were opened for him. This year he's been hurt. 

I am so sick of the “he’s hurt” excuse for Najee…that injury happened 12 weeks ago!!! Every player in the NFL is hurt right now. 

And let’s not overrate Najee’s performance last year. He was one of the least efficient runners in the NFL and was overrated due to the amount of volume he had. And last year’s o-line was not better than this years. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

A lisfranc injury is definitely a good excuse for a RB.

Ok…keep making excuses for Najee and his 3.3 ypc. It’s week 10, if he’s really playing like crap because of his injury they just need to go ahead and shut him down for the season.

You said it yourself, Warren has looked much more explosive. Who cares if it’s on a passing downs or against lighter boxes, he still looks like the better runner, period. 

It’s time to take the homer glasses off. Najee is JAG, at best. 

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Who cares if it’s on a passing downs or against lighter boxes, he still looks like the better runner, period. 

It’s time to take the homer glasses off.

Come on man, take your own advice here. 

Also saying foot injury for a running back is impacting isn’t making an excuse. It’s a reason. 

Hell same thing happened with Bell. Filled the backup with guys who looked good in short order but when he was out the lack of a quality backup hurt. Not bringing in a real vet to be Najee’s backup was a mistake so he could be IRed when the injury happened. 

Also Lisfranc injuries tend to be the 8-16 weeks for full recovery.