2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-6 Host Da Saints 3-6

Steeler Hitman

I have a hard time imaging najee becoming a elite back for a few yrs. Dude is going to be 25 starting next yr and is already slow/dealing with injuries. The clock is ticking fast with him due to his position. I think by the time we fix the run blocking, we'll have a new stable of running backs

Edited by August4th

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Come on man, take your own advice here. 

Also saying foot injury for a running back is impacting isn’t making an excuse. It’s a reason. 

Hell same thing happened with Bell. Filled the backup with guys who looked good in short order but when he was out the lack of a quality backup hurt. Not bringing in a real vet to be Najee’s backup was a mistake so he could be IRed when the injury happened. 

Also Lisfranc injuries tend to be the 8-16 weeks for full recovery. 

How am I being a homer by being critical of Najee?

My point remains…IF its the injury that’s causing him to be the worst running back in the NFL then why is he still playing?

Heck i’d rather see a duo of Snell and McFarland at this point. 

I’ve seen people try to blame Mitch, Canada, Pickett, Tomlin, and the O-Line for the lack of success on offense but NO ONE is pointing fingers at Najee. 

Trust me, I would love for him to prove me wrong. I’ll happily eat crow if that happens. Absolutely love Najee the person, but at a certain point you have to ask yourself if it’s worth it to keep trotting him out there while he’s playing like he is.

I do think we win this game

- Tomlin great record coming off bye week and as a underdog at home

- Claypool gone means more ‘Muth and Pickens which is a plus 

- Most importantly TJ Watt being back will have an effect on the whole team. Especially in front of the home crowd

Hopefully Kenny and the offense look just even a little bit better coming out of the bye week

31 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Seen nothing but Pickett Vs Canada arguments on here lately. 

Thats been more about how much of an impact Canada's offense is having on Picketts poor play.

Najee is an average back playing behind a poor run blocking OL.  Najee is an issue, but very few RBs would be thriving here, if any.  The only reason it seems more significant is because Najee was a 1st rounder.    

There is plenty of blame to go around, but mostly everyone has acknowledged Najee is very disappointing.

Najee isn’t talked about a lot because there’s not much to talk about with why he isn’t playing well. OL is getting holes but it’s inconsistent. He was hurt and it’s a foot injury which is big for a RB. But most importantly, not many of us were on board with this pick in the first place. 

Najee is not and shouldn’t be an unchallenged guy next year. I don’t think his option will be picked up either. But he isn’t going to get traded or cut either. Khan has to get a vet in that room with Naj and has to work to upgrade the line more. We have too many guys who are “fine” at OL but aren’t great at something. I think Daniels (I’ll do a deep dive when I have time) is the only one who is a high lock to stay because of the contract. 

I would also encourage many to watch this. Arthur Moats is really smart and has on-site to the locker room. He makes a ton of great points just from a non-X’s and Os standpoint of what’s wrong with the team. 
https://youtu.be/1jol0C8s2qM

13 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I do think we win this game

- Tomlin great record coming off bye week and as a underdog at home

- Claypool gone means more ‘Muth and Pickens which is a plus 

- Most importantly TJ Watt being back will have an effect on the whole team. Especially in front of the home crowd

Hopefully Kenny and the offense look just even a little bit better coming out of the bye week

And the Saints stink. If we lose this one, we're officially headed to a top 5 pick. If we win, I think we go on a mini run and win some division games. 

38 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am going to predict the WJIII does not play for the Steelers this season.  He has a bulging disk in his back and that will not get solved without surgery.

It's definitely worrisome that he hasn't even practiced yet. I wonder if there was a conditional aspect of the trade that lowers if he doesn't play? I'd still be interested in bringing him back(at a heavy discount) next year. 

On Najee, go back and count how many 1st and 10 runs the O does. It is just incredibly predictable and stupid play calling. There are 8, 9, 10 D players near the LOS waiting for the the Steelers to run, and they oblige them. 

Not saying Najee has not looked slow, and his incessant need to dance instead of just plow ahead is infuriating. What I am saying is if you run the same plays with Jaylen Warren, the results are not going to be any better.

Edited by cjfollett
typos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cjfollett said:

What I am saying is if you run the same plays with Jaylen Warren, the results are not going to be any better.

There’s only one way to find out for sure. Believe it or not some running backs are better at gaining more than what’s blocked for them than others.