2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-6 Host Da Saints 3-6

Steeler Hitman

I think we'd all rather see Etienne in Black and Gold. I'm not going to give up on Najee because he's having a down year. He showed some flashes last year when he could get out into open space. Maybe you're right. Maybe Najee is a full blown bust. I just want to see him in an offense that can throw with a line that isn't atrocious. I'm not going to fully write him off in a year in which everyone on our entire offense stinks. 

• Like 2

Najee deserves to prove himself next year…we all admit the offense stinks, the OC is terrible and they’re playing with a rookie QB and an OL that’s better in pass pro than the run game, plus his foot injury which usually last somewhere between 8-12 weeks far as I know.

If they make changes to the OL and an a new OC and he still looks rough this time next year then it’s time to move on.

• Like 3

On 11/10/2022 at 2:05 PM, jebrick said:

As I understood it, the Commanders knew of this so the Steelers knew of this before trading for him.  Why they would trade for him in this condition is nuts but...

why trade for a play if they have an existing injury, why not trade for a healthy player. Maybe Jackson will get healthy, but for now this appears like a risk. Then if this same injury heals but becomes a problem , again it's a risk.   Of course, our history at CB has been mostly risk or non legit starters anyways, so this is just playing out in typical fashion. 

14 hours ago, jebrick said:

I think Warren is better for the type of blocking they are doing.  Some straight power blocking would help Najee

agree.  This OL has no power blocking at all and it needs a RB that is a bit quicker and hits the crease with speed.  The choice is clear as we know, and finally tomlin makes the move.   OL is still not good though,  decent in pass pro most of the time but run blocking isn't good IMO. Stats show this , and we get to watch this 🤮

On 11/10/2022 at 2:36 PM, bigben07MVP said:

Agreed, but why not play it out? Give Warren a full half of football as the workhorse. We’re 2-6, if it doesn’t work out who cares. I don’t think Warren is some hidden gem who’s just waiting to be unleashed but maybe he can provide a spark to the running game. Even just a little more consistency there could help Pickett and the rest of the offense out a ton.

We’ve seen 8 games of Najee looking like crap. Let’s give Warren a shot instead of just saying “well any running back would look bad in this situation so let’s just keep running Najee into a wall and hope something changes”.

My only argument against Warren is he fumbles more. I'd be fine giving him more reps if he holds on to the ball.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:31 AM, bigben07MVP said:

Is this a serious question? Do I think someone could do better than Najee who averages a pathetic 1.3 yards after contact (good for 89th in the league)? Yes

Again, believe it or not but some running backs are better at gaining more than what is blocked for them than others. There’s running backs with better vision, more decisiveness, more explosiveness, and better contact balance out there. Crazy concept I know.

Is Warren that guy? Idk, but it’s worth giving him a legit shot.

Im over the Najee discussion. It’s hilarious seeing the extent people will go to make excuses for him. I have made my point. The guy has terrible vision, runs like he has a piano on his back, and refuses to run north/south despite adding a bunch of muscle in the offseason and weighing 250 lbs+. If you think it’s because he’s injured, that’s fine but if that’s the case they need to shut him down until he’s healthy (still not sure how you can use a foot injury as an excuse for his terrible vision which he had last year when he was healthy).

Knowing Tomlin and Canada they will keep pounding him for 1-2 yard carries on 1st and 2nd down the rest of the season regardless of if he’s healthy or not. This isn’t me defending Canada but you need a semblance of a running game to make his offense work and help out a rookie QB and we don’t have that. Even a small upgrade from what we’re getting out of this version of Najee could go a long way.

The question had more context. Warren on a 1st and 10 run with this line and OC calling plays is going to look just as pathetic. For evidence, I give you Kenny Pickett looking just as bad as Mitch Trubisky.

• Like 1

I just feel like we are going to screw around and end up winning 4 or 5 more games to finish the season, looking laughably mediocre while doing so and playing ourselves right out of changes that desperately need to happen, and keep Tomlin off the hot seat he so obviously needs to be on.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

I just feel like we are going to screw around and end up winning 4 or 5 more games to finish the season, looking laughably mediocre while doing so and playing ourselves right out of changes that desperately need to happen, and keep Tomlin off the hot seat he so obviously needs to be on.

That’s what I’m afraid especially with how easier their schedule is the 2nd half of the year…however they’ve been pretty healthy on offense and due for an injury or 2 over on that side of the ball.

I know it sounds bad but they need a top 10 pick…preferably top 5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

That’s what I’m afraid especially with how easier their schedule is the 2nd half of the year…however they’ve been pretty healthy on offense and due for an injury or 2 over on that side of the ball.

I know it sounds bad but they need a top 10 pick…preferably top 5.

Doesnt sound bad....sounds like what an apathetic team thats been spinning tires for the better part of a decade needs....both in regards to adding much needed talent and making much needed changes that this team typically and gleefully ignores as they rest on their laurels.

I feel like us ending the season on an even slightly high note will once again give the front office a false sense of security.        I think Canada is gone pretty much no matter what, but I want some sweeping and significant changes....not just Tomlin/Colbert's stupid little "tweaks".    Hopefully Kahn and Heidl change the dynamic of how this team operates.    Tomlin IMO should be kept on a leash as far as personnel decisions go.

• Like 1