Drew Lock [QB, Missouri]

holt_bruce81

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What are your thoughts on the Junior from Missouri? He seems to be getting a lot more recognition lately. Going in to the season I didn't think much of him as an NFL prospect, but now there are talks of him leaving early and potentially getting a 1st round grade. 

Lock is a really talented QB but I seriously doubt he comes out early for the draft.  1st round grade?  Says who, he is not better than Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Allen or Mayfield so I doubt he is a 1st round pick and doubt he is better than Mason Rudolph either.  So he will come back to school and next year hopefully then could be talking 1st round grade potentially in 2019 if he continues to improve.  He has very impressive arm talent just needs more time as a starter I think and being more consistent.  Missouri has had a crazy impressive turnaround, 5 losses in a row to now 5 wins in a row...

This is the same Drew Lock as last year; lights up non-P5 in a couple games to help inflate stats but if you look closely, he battles bouts of absolutely horrendous play against quality teams. He's completing just 52% of his passes the last two years against P5 squads. Then you look at a few of the individual games:

09/03/16 at West Virginia: 280 Yards, 45.1%, 1 TD, 0 INT

10/01/16 at LSU: 167 Yards, 45.9%, 0 TD, 1 INT

10/15/16 at Florida: 39 Yards, 22.2%, 0 TD, 2 INT

11/19/16 at Tennessee: 320 Yards, 48.8%, 1 TD, 2 INT

Then the three game stretch earlier this year against South Carolina, Purdue, and Auburn. He hasn't even completed above 50% of his passes the last two weeks. Tennessee and Vandy have quality Pass D's this year but still, a 1st round QB shouldn't consistently go through dreadful droughts like this.

Brought him up back in May of last year and got blasted, still believe he has one of the most talented arms in college football. If he stays and continues to develop he will be a first rounder.

and this is the article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000840145/article/drew-lock-on-rise-2-rbs-who-could-follow-kareem-hunts-path

16 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

This is the same Drew Lock as last year; lights up non-P5 in a couple games to help inflate stats but if you look closely, he battles bouts of absolutely horrendous play against quality teams. He's completing just 52% of his passes the last two years against P5 squads. Then you look at a few of the individual games:

09/03/16 at West Virginia: 280 Yards, 45.1%, 1 TD, 0 INT

10/01/16 at LSU: 167 Yards, 45.9%, 0 TD, 1 INT

10/15/16 at Florida: 39 Yards, 22.2%, 0 TD, 2 INT

11/19/16 at Tennessee: 320 Yards, 48.8%, 1 TD, 2 INT

Then the three game stretch earlier this year against South Carolina, Purdue, and Auburn. He hasn't even completed above 50% of his passes the last two weeks. Tennessee and Vandy have quality Pass D's this year but still, a 1st round QB shouldn't consistently go through dreadful droughts like this.

I wouldn't look to much into his Comp%. Missouri receivers drop a crap ton of passes. Been an issue all year.

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Lock is a really talented QB but I seriously doubt he comes out early for the draft.  1st round grade?  Says who, he is not better than Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Allen or Mayfield so I doubt he is a 1st round pick and doubt he is better than Mason Rudolph either.  So he will come back to school and next year hopefully then could be talking 1st round grade potentially in 2019 if he continues to improve.  He has very impressive arm talent just needs more time as a starter I think and being more consistent.  Missouri has had a crazy impressive turnaround, 5 losses in a row to now 5 wins in a row...

Weird thing about QB's we hear supposed to go here then whined up rising or falling come draft time. He has a ways to go. But that arm talent is enough to push him up the draft boards so long that he is not completely horrible on the game stats. 

Archived