Raiders release Jonathan Abram

NYRaider

Right, definitely a decision that needed to be made. No doubt. However, wtf? Why were we reading stories about multiple teams calling? Trying to drum up interest I guess? Lol. Not even worth a 7th? Prolly not honestly. But I wonder, will they cut bait on Jones at the end of the season? Cuz he’s toast, and a HUGE waste of cap. They’re already reducing his PT. So when they break out that knife again, I hope they trim that fat. He had a great career, and it’s over. No scholarship plz. Bite the bullet, admit THAT mistake and move on. Wouldn’t surprise me if abram talked his way out the door. Would it surprise anyone? I doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Right, definitely a decision that needed to be made. No doubt. However, wtf? Why were we reading stories about multiple teams calling? Trying to drum up interest I guess? Lol. Not even worth a 7th? Prolly not honestly. But I wonder, will they cut bait on Jones at the end of the season? Cuz he’s toast, and a HUGE waste of cap. They’re already reducing his PT. So when they break out that knife again, I hope they trim that fat. He had a great career, and it’s over. No scholarship plz. Bite the bullet, admit THAT mistake and move on. Wouldn’t surprise me if abram talked his way out the door. Would it surprise anyone? I doubt it. 

It'll be almost impossible to move on from Jones because of his $26M dead cap hit.

Yes, I’m aware of that. However, are you sitting here telling me we should keep him rostered because of that? That’s my point, easy to cut another regimes failures (and JA was an epic failure) but your own epic failures? That’s a lot harder for coaches and gms it seems. And let’s face it, at his price tag that’s a pretty big fail. Should’ve never got that much guaranteed. But he’s an ex pats player and apparently he’s doing his job well according to him and the coaches....I just want the same standard applied to everyone. And you damn well know it won’t be.

• Like 1