Week 9 GDT: Colts @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Colts

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

I didn’t mention those 2 because I already did..... like 2 or 3 weeks ago. SMH. But yessir you are correct and I agree. Too bad that PG doesn’t. 

The really frustrating part is that there have been really short spells, a quarter here, a quarter there, sometimes a half, where out defense has looked (while short of playmaking ability) almost dominant - can't believe I said that in public.

But then we revert and can't seem to stop anyone. The ultimate tease.

• Like 1

I agree I think imo the adjustments made are what gets us. 3 of those good halves were first half. They adjusted. And some of the times the defense “gave” us the ball back was in fact the other teams failure (against the chefs it was a drop by mvs, this past Sunday the fg kicker missed the first attempt etc) so I’m gonna go with the obvious.....adjustments. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think Graham gets another swing with better talent to run his scheme. He's having to drop Jones/Crosby in coverage to try to get them in a lane because the LBs can't cover backs and they are getting eaten alive for hells sake. 

Graham may just suck, but the talent on defense is a limiting factor. Guys are either not talented enough, smart enough or both to play in the scheme. He probably needs to dumb it down to the ridiculous for this crew even to get by. 

Its so crazy because just a few months ago they were saying how Graham wouldn't be the DC long and is a strong HC candidate soon. He got a just as talent bare, if not worse, squad with the Giants last year and did some nice things towards the end of the season. I'm willing to see the vision out tho. Jones being more productive would have really helped tho.

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Its so crazy because just a few months ago they were saying how Graham wouldn't be the DC long and is a strong HC candidate soon. He got a just as talent bare, if not worse, squad with the Giants last year and did some nice things towards the end of the season. I'm willing to see the vision out tho. Jones being more productive would have really helped tho.

I think the lack of DT talent is the biggest issue.  We would have been better of not signing Jones and going after some quality up the middle.

Sign Payne if he gets to FA and draft another DT early.  Go after Hargrave if we miss out on Payne.

Edited by drfrey13

27 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think the lack of DT talent is the biggest issue.  We would have been better of not signing Jones and going after some quality up the middle.

Sign Payne if he gets to FA and draft another DT early.  Go after Hargrave if we miss out on Payne.

The problem is we cant afford now

9 hours ago, RaiderX said:

The Giants defense was slightly below average last season with roughy the same talent level. 

I'm personally not a huge fan of firing him after the season. The defense is basically on par with what it was last season and Gus Bradley is a demi-god amongst Raiders fans. We have two guys that would start elsewhere (Hobbs/Crosby) outside of that we lack talent on all three levels defensively. It's almost impossible to have a good defense when you can't generate pressure with 4 and your DB's can't generate turnovers. 

11 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

This. I watched the D-line against the Jags and there is nothing up the middle and Jones looks like he is running through treacle. If that is the case you might as well give Koonce and Bower chances to stake a claim as well - like what have we got to lose.

We've had a revolving door of mediocre players at DT for as long as I can remember. 

• Like 2