Raiders Longterm Outlook

NYRaider

With this season likely headed in the wrong direction it looks like it's time to assess the roster and our long term plan. 

I'd guess that JMD and DZ are both safe for at least one more season. But outside of only a handful of guys on the roster I don't think anyone is safe.

So my question to you FF is what would you do this off-season to build a contending team going forward? Should we keep Carr/Adams, etc. and try to reload again for a better run next season? If so what moves would you like to see us make?

Or should we try to move on from all of our big contract guys, go young, and rebuild that way? If we do decide to rebuild who would you trade and what do you think we could realistically get for them? 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With this season likely headed in the wrong direction it looks like it's time to assess the roster and our long term plan. 

I'd guess that JMD and DZ are both safe for at least one more season. But outside of only a handful of guys on the roster I don't think anyone is safe.

So my question to you FF is what would you do this off-season to build a contending team going forward? Should we keep Carr/Adams, etc. and try to reload again for a better run next season? If so what moves would you like to see us make?

Or should we try to move on from all of our big contract guys, go young, and rebuild that way? If we do decide to rebuild who would you trade and what do you think we could realistically get for them? 

Something that might be whack is that usually right before coaches and GM from the patriot tree get fired they usually terraform the roster and get rid of all the good players in place of like patriots players that don't really fit other teams and then once they get fired the team is left to have to like rebuild from the scratch.

but if you're asking what should be some long-term moves...

Caleb Williams if he comes out and we continue to lose games. if we're not high enough for that we need some one of the defensive tackles either the Georgia guy or the Clemson guy.

obviously we need some olineman.

we need to restructure Chandler Jones deal somehow

obviously we need a smart safety who can cover

Draft a linebacker with like a third round pick

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Something that might be whack is that usually right before coaches and GM from the patriot tree get fired they usually terraform the roster and get rid of all the good players in place of like patriots players that don't really fit other teams and then once they get fired the team is left to have to like rebuild from the scratch.

but if you're asking what should be some long-term moves...

Caleb Williams if he comes out and we continue to lose games. if we're not high enough for that we need some one of the defensive tackles either the Georgia guy or the Clemson guy.

obviously we need some olineman.

we need to restructure Chandler Jones deal somehow

obviously we need a smart safety who can cover

Draft a linebacker with like a third round pick

Caleb Williams isn't eligible until 2024. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's what I figured. In that case I like the Kentucky guy. id rathe have Jalen carter though. 

I like Ewers and Williams in next years draft, I have some concerns with Young and Stroud. Levis isn't worth a first round pick but could be a decent developmental guy. I think we have to decide, option A is run it back with Carr and just go all in to improve the OL/defense or option B is to move on from Carr and go after a blue chip QB prospect.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Ewers and Williams in next years draft, I have some concerns with Young and Stroud. Levis isn't worth a first round pick but could be a decent developmental guy. I think we have to decide, option A is run it back with Carr and just go all in to improve the OL/defense or option B is to move on from Carr and go after a blue chip QB prospect.

I agree with this. Young and shroud make me nervous. Leave us is a first rounder in my opinion but I do agree that he is not ready to play year one. Which would be nice if we keep Carr around. Like I said I think it would be more beneficial to just get a defensive lineman. 

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I agree with this. Young and shroud make me nervous. Leave us is a first rounder in my opinion but I do agree that he is not ready to play year one. Which would be nice if we keep Carr around. Like I said I think it would be more beneficial to just get a defensive lineman. 

Levis is going to be like a 25 year old rookie and he's not ready to play in the NFL, lol.

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Quinn Ewers, Caleb Williams, and Drake Maye are solid 2024 QB prospects.

Quinn Ewers has the best pocket awareness of the three.

Caleb Williams has instincts similar to Kyler Murray but bigger (6'1, 218 lbs) and less athletic.

Drake Maye is a bean pole type QB (6'5, 220 lbs) with a strong arm and decent athleticism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

No issues with Young. A little undersized, but tough as nails with a great feel for the game. He's a competitor who has carried Alabama with their weakest group of skill positions in years. Has a + arm, great athleticism. I like him a lot. 

Stroud is a skillful passer, I just wish he could do more as a runner. That's the way the NFL has trended and you really need that guy who can play off schedule. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

No issues with Young. A little undersized, but tough as nails with a great feel for the game. He's a competitor who has carried Alabama with their weakest group of skill positions in years. Has a + arm, great athleticism. I like him a lot. 

Stroud is a skillful passer, I just wish he could do more as a runner. That's the way the NFL has trended and you really need that guy who can play off schedule. 

Bryce is definitely my favorite QB prospect in this class I'm just concerned with his durability/size long term. I'm not really big on Stroud, he just hasn't really ever wowed me when I've seen him.

Concerning times are amidst. Seems like Carr & McNeedle d*ck aren’t clicking and the offense is struggling to find consistency throughout 4Q’s. Along with an abismal defense, all of the missed draft picks are showing up in showing up in a big way. Now with all of that said, how do we proceed?

do we cut ties with Carr?

if so, who do we replace him with?

do we keep DC and give it another go and risk wasting another year?

does McNeedle d*ck stick around? what if he loses the locker room? 

We know the GM is his best friend, will he even consider firing him? I think it would have to come from MD, but
who do we replace him with if he is one and done? 

Even at 2-6, I still think it’s too early to tell how the team should proceed but so far, im not liking anything I’m seeing from the coaching staff. Too rigid without results. The GM I think has promise, but he definitely overestimated some units (as we all did)

I get that some players have struggled with execution, but it’s the coaching staffs responsibility to put the players in advantageous positions. Go look at the Eagles sideline and see how much fun they have over there. That was us last year kicking butt…. 

(not a Bissaccia endorsement) 

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this as well. The direction of the team from here on is important as they look at things from every level. Looking at the team now, I think they need to keep working on the roster by taking the right player when they have the chance and moving forward, speaking of the draft mostly. In the long term, I'd say a lot will hinge on if they resign J. Jacobs or not. He's a piece to the puzzle I wouldn't want to lose moving forward. 

I'm keeping Carr but trading down as many times I can to get 1sts to go after a QB in 2024. If Carr balls then we have the 3rd year before blowing it up and we had our rookie learn under Carr like Aaron did under Brett.