Raiders Longterm Outlook

NYRaider

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. I'm assuming that will be one of the stipulations of us bringing him back. JMD/DZ will probably approach him and say look, we get that we had issues in 2022 and we know we need to improve up front, but the only way that can happen is if you're willing to take a pay cut.

How long are we going to keep complaining about or calling Carr a 40 mil QB? If he never earns over 30Mil? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He's set to earn like $35M next season.

yes, but I just quoted you saying you expect him to take a paycut. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/derek-carr-14445/cash-earnings/

Set to earn 33 mil next year, first time ever over 30mil . . . 
We expect him to restructure his contract . . . 

Yet whenever he makes a bad throw we need to hear, thats why you dont pay him 40mil a year lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

yes, but I just quoted you saying you expect him to take a paycut. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/derek-carr-14445/cash-earnings/

Set to earn 33 mil next year, first time ever over 30mil . . . 
We expect him to restructure his contract . . . 

Yet whenever he makes a bad throw we need to hear, thats why you dont pay him 40mil a year lol

I think it's very likely that they'll ask him to restructure his deal to free up some cap space so we can address the offensive line. That also doesn't automatically mean that he'll take a pay cut, money can be moved around into signing bonuses, etc. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

As captains/leaders on the team, If we can get Carr, Jones, Adams, Renfrow, Miller, Waller and even Crosby to restructure to even free up $10-15 mil or more in cap space, we gotta get Payne if he isn’t tagged. If he isn’t available, Dalvin Tomlinson for half the price would probably be my alternative.. With other holes to fill/players to re-sign, idk if we’ll have the money to resign Jacobs so it may be Zamir/Brown/draft pick/cheap Vet for 2023 and beyond. We’ll have a nice haul of draft picks next year after comp picks so we need to identify the weaknesses and lack of depth (OL/DL/CB/LB/S/WR) and build on it. 

I’d also look to resign Perryman, Ya Sin, Harmon, Billings, Tillery, Hollis and Moreau to modest deals if they’re willing.. Besides Payne/Tomlinson, any other outside free agent should be a solid RT.. Every other FA I can’t think of can likely be replaced cheap in FA/thru the draft. First few rounds we need to build the D with whatever combo of BPA for DT/CB/LB/S.. Back half of the draft I’d focus on an OG replacement for Bars, a speed receiver, and more developmental depth at TE, RB and DE.

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, NickButera said:

I've lost all faith, not emotionally but objectively. There are just way too many self contradictions in what the management is telling us that it's impossible to believe them.

The Players aren't executing: They executed last year to get to the playoffs. They executed well enough to get a 17 point lead in how many games? They executed well enough to almost beat the best team in the league. This is factually incorrect, they are executing, and have proven they can execute. Just not consistently this year.  Why can't they do what you ask them to now but they could last year? 

"We need to learn how to finish games/play for a full 4 quarters": They did, until we hired Josh McDaniels. Both the offense and defense delivered last year in the moments that mattered most, despite how they played over the first 4 quarters. They already learned how to do that and have proven it, but they aren't now. If anything it's a lack of motivation, not learning. Which falls in the lap of leadership. 

We are going to need to rebuild/get the players they need: You already did, Adams, Jones, you generously signed Carr, Renfrow and Waller to huge extentions.  3 months ago fans were told we would not have to rebuild. Being lied to as a fan tells me they either don't know what they're talking about, or failed in what they told us they could do.  Our new leadership is either a liar, or a failure. Pick one. 

Taking a hard look at the facts, Josh McDaniels is a horrible coach. And he will be until he proves us wrong. He's 13-24 as a head coach and has already been caught cheating. I'm as hopeful as the next fan, but the fact is this is who he is right now. 

Had to bump this thread because this is still a current discussion UNTIL McDaniels proves us wrong...I hope he does but...Pressure to make or break a man.

I bumped Maxx for unity and today is a different day. Muahahaaaa  😈

I'm an agent of chaos.